Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 4 not syncing to my iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot get my FitBit Charge 4 to re-sync to my iPhone.

I have:

Fully charged my FitBit

Reset my FitBit

Cleared date on my FitBit

Turned Bluetooth off then back on my iPhone

Deleted FitBit app on my iPhone then reinstalled

After all that, when I try to add new device in my FitBit app, the Charge 4 is not recognizable.   It's as if it isn't powered on yet it is.

Moderator edit: format 

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Has anyone found out what a solution would be?

Best Answer

Hi @Keebler911, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. 

Thank you for sharing this information about the trouble you've been having with your Charge 4 not being recognized. 

Before considering other options, could you please confirm if you already tried all the steps listed here to resolve syncing problems (or these steps for any inconvenience during set up)?

In addition, please make sure to check if the mobile device you're using is listed here as a compatible device and keep the Fitbit app updated to the latest version available. 

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
Yes I have tried them all. I needed a new Fitbit so bad I decided to upgrade to the Charge 4 even after reading the bad reviews and seeing it barely received a 3 star rating. After troubleshooting it, going through all the agonizing steps to “fix” or repair it, it still doesn’t log sleep correctly or much less even synch on a regular basis. It’s so bad I am considering going back to the charge 2 because the the “upgraded” Charge 4 operates at a much poorer state than the original Charge 2. It’s a huge disappointment and I have been passing the word along to many people so they can be aware not to get conned out of their money for such a low quality product.

Sent by Mail
Best Answer

Hello @Keebler911, thank you for your reply and confirming that you already tried all the suggested steps. I'm sorry to see that you continue to experience the same difficulties. 

I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know about the outcome. 

Best Answer

Same problem here. Worked fine for a week but now wont sync with my iphone. Searched all this website and tried all suggestions still wont sync. Really frustrating trying to find a solution. This was a fathers day gift from my daughter which will now be returned to its box and lost at the back of a drawer. Poor product

Best Answer

Exactly the same problem with both IOS and Android.  I had three days last week where it didn't sync at all.  I don't know what 'solved' it, I did everything that is recommended several times and 'something' worked eventually but I really don't know what. 

The Charge 4 is the worst Fitbit purchase that I've ever made.  

Problems syncing
Poor battery life when using GPS (<3 hours for a walk)
Gap between the strap and the watch face
Strap poorer quality, not as soft and comfortable

I've had it with Fitbit, this is my very last purchase.  I only hope that my Versa 2 lasts for a while.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @peakview, and thank you for your  feedback and your reply confirming that you already tried all the suggested steps.

I've proceeded to send your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance as well, so you should be getting a reply soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

@LynneAM, thank you for all the feedback that you've provided about the product. 've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am experiencing the same. Had tons of trouble with syncing. Hence decided to delete the Charge 4 from the phone - now I am not able to sync it back. It says "Found it" and "Connecting to Tracker", but I don't manage to get to the next window.And yes, I have done the full list of checks. What do I do now? As the others are pointing out: very disappointed and I am using way to much time on trying to get this to sync and work properly 😞 Please help

Best Answer
45 day return policy offered by Fitbit!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hello @LineJack, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. 

Thank you for confirming that you've been having the same trouble to sync your Charge 4 with your iOS device. 

Since you already tried all the steps mentioned earlier, could you please also confirm if you've updated the Fitbit app to the latest version available? There have been a few recent updates and this could certainly affect the syncing process. 

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have done that too... unfortunately it still does not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your reply and for confirming that you already tried all the suggested steps @LineJack

I've proceeded to send your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance as well, so you should be getting a reply soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue with my Versa Lite and I have completed all of the troubleshooting requirements as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seem to be a similar problem for a few people, as i have the same exact problem and even after trying all of solutions to solve the problem, the fitbit charge 4 that i have is still not working

Best Answer

Hello, thank you for your reply and for confirming that you've been experiencing the same problem to sync your data and that you already tried all the suggested steps @Kassidy_1 @Pearfitness

I've proceeded to send your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Keep me posted on the outcome

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having issues syncing my Charge 4. It has happened to me three times now.  Once it stops, I go through the same process to get it working again and then it works for a week and stops syncing again.  Its ridiculous!!!  I bought the fit-bit from Amazon over a month ago.  How do I return it?  

Best Answer

Hello @Newgard, thank you for sharing that you've been having trouble to sync your device as well. 

Could you please confirm which mobile device or phone model are you using to sync your data? And if you're using an iOS device, please let me know what OS (operating system) you're running. 

In addition to that, make sure that you've also tried all the steps mentioned here earlier. 

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Iphone 6+
iOS 13.5.1

I have followed all the instructions numerous times. I spent 30 minutes
on the phone with support. It shouldn't be this hard. I just bought this
device in a little over a month and it shouldn't keep breaking down.

I am paying for Fitbit +. Will I receive a refund for the last month?

I had a Charge 3 for years and didn't have any issues . I have been using
a Fitbit since 2012.
Best Answer

hai..im a first timer in fitbit, this syncing problem occur recently and i have tried everything that suggested. event updated my system, turn on and off again, unpaired and paired again. but still having trouble to sync even the apps stated no device is found. is there a way this problem could be resolve... getting frustrated actually...

Best Answer