Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Inspire HR will not receive alert if I don't have preview selected

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I had an iPhone 6 and when I would get text messages it would show me on my phone that I had a text message from so and so but did not show a preview of the message because I had it set that way but it would still send the text alert to my fitbit. Now I just upgraded to an iPhone 12 mini and if I turn off the preview of the text message on my notifications on my phone setting just like it was on my other phone, same settings, it will not alert me that I have a text message and it seems to be just because I shut off the preview option. I just liked the fact that I didn't have the preview of my text show on my phone for all to read if they were sitting near or next to me or my phone. I work in a public facility. I like privacy. But it was just nice that I had it on that setting to not show a preview and it would show the text on my fitbit that I received a text and who it was from and show me part of my text message. Anyone know why this is or how I can get the alert I have a text on my fitbit inspire hr with the current setting on my iphone message notifications set to no preview of text message?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @smnewton  what operating system do you have on the iPhone? I'm moving this to the iOS forum area so you may receive more relevant responses.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help @Odyssey13. Welcome to the Community Forums @smnewton

Thanks for the detailed information and the feedback shared o your post.

I understand how you are feeling about this situation, but please note that after some updates, in order to get text messages on your Fitbit device the "Show Previews" setting should be set to "Always" or "When Unlocked". For more information, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?  

Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. if you want the features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion board. Here our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. I appreciate your understanding. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer