Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app crashes on ipad and ios 11.1

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just receved my new ipad 2017 128gb, and the fitbit app crashes on launch. Rebooted the ipad several times, followed some advise I found on line but nothing has worked. I am not interested in uninstalling everyting and losing all my data. Currently involved in several workweek challenges and goal days and have no idea where I rank! Help, somebody! I am ready to toss this Blaze into the lake.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @CASfromFLA, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about the newest iPad not listed as a compatible device. Please remember that even if the device is not supported, our the team is still testing them out and we will provide an update once they are fully supported. Additionally, keep in mind that all the information already stored in your account will not be deleted if you uninstall the app, as this information gets stored in our servers. So, you don't need to worry about uninstalling and reinstalling it. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @CASfromFLA, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. At this moment I would like to suggest you the following:

• Check that your iPad is currently listed on our compatibility page.
  • Update the Fitbit app if you haven't done it yet, (the latest version is the 2.43.1)
  • Update the OS on your iPad if you haven't done it yet. 
  • Restart your iPad
  • Force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your iPad and swiping up the app. 

Please note that Fitbit trackers can store detailed information up to 7 days so if you have not been able to sync in a couple of days you can uninstall the app, install it again and sync your Blaze, as the information of your steps, calories, sleep and challenges will still sync (up to 7 days).

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello MarcoGFitbit,
Much to my amazement, my new iPad, Apple's newest, is not listed in the compatibility chart, and the Fitbit app does not work. I was so excited to receive it yesterday, until I found out that it will not work with the Fitbit app. Surely never expected that! This is my 4th iPad, I upgrade as I outgrow my old one. I have a 1-year history with my Blaze and uninstalling the app (and losing all my data) does not sound appealing. In that event, I will have to migrate to a tracker whose accompanying app works with the newest technology. Sadly, that leaves out upgrading to an Ion . . . Seriously, is it ever going to work with an iPad 5, 128gb 2017 edition? Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CASfromFLA, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about the newest iPad not listed as a compatible device. Please remember that even if the device is not supported, our the team is still testing them out and we will provide an update once they are fully supported. Additionally, keep in mind that all the information already stored in your account will not be deleted if you uninstall the app, as this information gets stored in our servers. So, you don't need to worry about uninstalling and reinstalling it. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes