Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app deletes steps after syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

When I sync to update my steps for the day, the app shows my total steps up until that sync but then within a few seconds it changes back to the number of steps at the previous sync time. It is very frustrating and I am quite disappointed that it does this. Can anyone help please? I’ve tried resetting the Fitbit numerous times and turning Bluetooth on and off and it still does the same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Clayton22, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it seems the Fitbit app is not updating the information correctly after you sync. At this moment I would like to ask you to go to your online Dashboard after syncing your tracker and check if the steps are showing correctly here. If they are, try the following in the app:

• Force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swipe up the app. 
  • Log out from the app, restart  your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I'm having a similar problem. I met my step goal and even got the notification "Nailed it! You met your step goal for today." However, I went to go check my overall stats on both the app and on my dashboard and it shows that I only had about 9k steps. I restarted the app, restarted my phone, restarted the Fitbit and also checked my dashboard and none of them reflect me meeting my step goal anymore besides my notification. Is there a way to re-add the deleted steps? 

Best Answer
0 Votes