Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app fails to re-synch every time the watch needs re-charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know why this happens. The watch runs out of battery, I re-charge it, it shows the wrong date/time. So I go into the app and it starts to re-synch , but always fails. I get the message 're-synch has failed'.......no further help.

Then I have to shutdown the watch. and also shutdown my iphone. I also have to switch bluetooth on and off. This all needs to be done on a strong internet connection, so fails on 4G when outside. Eventually **ahem** re-synchs after a few attempts. But the problem is happening more often. I'm assuming this is because the IOS and Fitbit software is becoming more and more incompatible.

I'm on IOS14.4, on an iphone 8. The Blaze is Classic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @Jonesjck , sometimes it just takes a while to sync.  Obviously this is particluarly inconvenient if your Fitbit has completely run out of battery, as it really does not work to use it before it syncs.  Not only will the time and date be wrong, but if you use it before syncing, your steps, data, etc will all be allocated to the wrong day (the day your Fitbit thinks it is).

You may not like the solution, but the gest way of dealing with this is not to allow your Fitbit to die completely, if at all possible.  It isn't just that you may be delayed while it tries to sync - a more important issue, even if the sync problem is solved, is that you will significantly reduce the battery life of your Fitbit.

In order to maximise your battery life it should ideally be kept between 20-80% charged.  Little and often is ideal.  Many people keep their Fitbit always ready to go by plugging it in each day, for instance while showering, brushing teeth or getting ready for work.  Not only will this give your wrist a daily rest and chance to breathe, but it will keep your Fitbit going for the maximum amount of time.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes