Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app is only showing calories and not steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My iPad display shows calories only. How can I get it to show steps instead?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @CECav 

I hope I understand your question correctly. I believe you want just the steps showing in the big circle area on your Fitbit App and not calories occupying that spot. 

Open your Fitbit App and tap the word Edit on the upper right of your screen just below the icon that looks like an envelope. 

B9E6B684-5931-4D67-B5F6-240B53CD7897.jpeg

After you tap the edit button tap each X on the five different to turn them to plus signs + and each item is greyed out like you see in the image below: 

65F90D04-C6C5-4068-8C2C-054F0C8B1E8C.jpeg

Once they are all greyed out…go back at tap the plus sign on the Steps. (Picking Steps first places that item in the largest circle) Now tap the plus sign on the next item you want to show and so on. One you are happy with the placement just scroll up and tap Done in the upper right corner of your screen. 

😃 I hope this is what you were asking for and it provided you the best answer for your question. Please let me know if it helped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like you understand my question, however I do not have those options

CECav_0-1662171893055.png

Thank you for the start!

my Fitbit is a very old model, but I originally had all the options and could scroll through them on the display. 
I have deleted and reinstalled the app in an attempt to solve the problem. 

Best Answer

Hello again @CECav 

Wow, the image you shared is different for sure! 🤔 I’m wondering if your Fitbit is unpaired at the moment. Is your Fitbit showing as connected on your iPads Bluetooth? If not try turning your Bluetooth off, wait a few seconds then turn it back on. 

If your still having issues Let’s try this. Log out of the Fitbit App then force shut the app by swiping it upward. Shut down your iPad and wait 1-2 mins then restart your iPad again. Now log back into the Fitbit App and look to see if the Fitbit App appears normal again. Hopefully that will help. 

If not…Can you tell me what software version your iPad is? You can find it by going into your iPads settings then scroll down tap general on the left side of your screen. After you tap General look to the right side of your screen and tap software update. Example mine is iOS 15.6.1 

Also is your iPad up to date? If not try updating your iPad and see if that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes