Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app not syncing data.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed Android apps stopped syncing last week.  I have IOS and it has stopped syncing as well.  It syncs with MyFitness Pal for food and water and exercise but not steps or sleep.  I have updated my Fitbit app. Any hope for a solution?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @Rshreck, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with me. Tell me, which tracker are you currently using? When was the last time you synced your device? Please note that we have not received reports about the Fitbit app on iOS having the same issues affecting the Android app, which is why I would like to suggest you to try the following as it seems your tracker is not syncing with the Fitbit app:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
I have done all of those things already. I have already received a reply from Ferdinand regarding this, said he would look into it. I have Flex .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rshreck, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know @FerdinandFitbit will be working with you from now on. 

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to assist you. Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2. Worked fine for a year. Had been having trouble synching for the past month and then it stopped altogether a day ago. Went to bluetooth settings and unpaired my fitbit.  Connected the charger cable to my computer USB and then it synched.  Back on my wrist and is working fine. All a mystery to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Webfeet, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and for sharing your experience with us. I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved. As mentioned earlier, if there's anything else you might need, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit versa stopped syncing with my phone 5 days ago...it also will no longer connect to our WiFi.  As a result I can no longer get notifications or phone calls via my fitbit. I have  reinstalling fFitbitapp, restart phone. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit app has been hit and miss for 3 or 4 days now.  driving me crazy, i’m waiting for an update to fix this.  

Best Answer

I have the same issue re failing to sync and driving my battery down in 24 hours.  Help. Missing steps here. Lol.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jeopardey and @Jmcamarata thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Rshreck thanks for taking the time to reply. 😄

I appreciate you have shared your experience with us. @Jmcamarata and @Jeopardey, have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided above? If so, my best recommendations is to set up your device again in your account. Note that all the information previously synced will still be available in the app as the information gets stored in our servers and not in your phone. 

To set up your device again:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

@Jeopardey since when have you experienced issues with the battery on your device? Have you restarted it already? If so, please let us know so we can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give these steps a try and let us know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Charge 3 works fine, but only some of the data makes it to the app. It records my steps, but only records some of my hourly reminders. It records some of my sleep, but no heart rate. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Incredibly helpful. thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done all that you advised multiple times. Nothing has worked!  Why would any app be this hard?!!!  I’ve had Fitbits for years. The recurring problems are always with your programmers. I shouldn’t have to waste this much time on every little glitch!

Best Answer

My charge two has been freezing recently on a regular basis. I have had to click on my profile in the upper left corner then click on charge two and then click on synchronize data. This has worked to update the data but certainly it is not a fix for the Fitbit/Google update problem. I do not know if this is related to an ongoing problem I have had with the following tiles, disappearing, intermittently step, floors, calories and zone minutes. I have also had an issue with the same tiles reversing order randomly, and then returning back to the desired order.  I have also noticed that data is not updating as rapidly as it had in the past. I am currently using the most recent version of the iOS application 3.81. 

Best Answer
0 Votes