Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit was out of commission for a few months but I could keep my dashboard up to date because it synced with an app on iPhone. I thought it was the Health app.  I don’t remember how I did that. My wife’s new Alta doesn’t track stairs but the health app on iPhone dose. How can I get that to show on dashboard? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ADNaknakim -

That is true - I used to use Mobile Track while my Alta HR was charging. And it worked - sorta. Now I just use down time at the computer to charge it. I doesn't have a "charge memory" so if it takes two or three sessions over a couple days, no biggie. Actually, it is actually better for the battery, it seems.

Anyway, I'm not sure Mobile Track will solve the stair count/floors issue.

{break}

Actually, I know it doesn't solve the stair count/floors issue. From the Mobile Track help page:

"MobileTrack does not track floors, sleep, or active minutes."

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@JDBrighton -

My take on it.

The IPhone, as of the 6 I believe, has a barometer built into it. And with that, it can estimate altitude/elevation and from that estimate steps climbed. And that would be communicated to the Health app, just as it can communicate steps using it's built in accelerometer which has been in place since the 5S.

The Alta, well at least the Alta HR that I have, has a 3-axis accelerometer but no barometer. That is why it can calculate movement and thus steps but not altitude/elevation. And since the only declared difference between the Alta and Alta HR is the pure pulse heart rate monitor, I'm sure it applies. And since my wife has an Alta and we haven't noticed any difference except she walks a lot more than me, I'm doubly sure it applies.

As far as getting the Apple Health and Fitbit apps working together, that does not look like it is going to happen. At least that is the consensus here on the boards and what little I have read on the web. Whether it is the heat of competition for the fitness market, the personalities involved or what, I don't know. And until someone writes a memoir that people actually read, we may never know.

Good luck and welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

You can use mobile tracking on your phone which is under where your fitbit would be and it should sync the steps that you had with your iPhone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ADNaknakim -

That is true - I used to use Mobile Track while my Alta HR was charging. And it worked - sorta. Now I just use down time at the computer to charge it. I doesn't have a "charge memory" so if it takes two or three sessions over a couple days, no biggie. Actually, it is actually better for the battery, it seems.

Anyway, I'm not sure Mobile Track will solve the stair count/floors issue.

{break}

Actually, I know it doesn't solve the stair count/floors issue. From the Mobile Track help page:

"MobileTrack does not track floors, sleep, or active minutes."

Best Answer