Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in to the app, it freezes.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to log in to the fit bit app, I am only able to enter part of my email and the app freezes and won't let me enter more data.  I have tried closing the app, restarting the phone, restarting the app.  Same problem.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hello @levNT, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

This seems like a very odd situation. Which iPhone model are you currently using? What is the OS version your phone is running? 

If the app keeps freezing before you can type your email, pleas uninstall it and reinstall if you haven't done it yet. I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I too was having the same issue I couldn't login I tried over and over until finally I was able to get in I had to type fast. Then once  I was in it would freeze and it locked up my phone a couple times and I had to do a hard reset to my phone. But then I uninstalled and reinstalled and it seems to be working a little better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Craybott, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I'm very glad to hear your issue has now been resolved and that after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, this is working better. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are now writing August 2018 and fitbit still haven't resolved this issue.

I've read several threads in here with the same problem and some of the threads are over a year old! The response from fitbit is always the same: We know about the issue and are fixing it soon. 

I don't think a year can be categorized as  "soon". I think fitbit doesn't care.

My girlfriend bought a charge 2 today and will be returning it today again as its useless without the app.

We won't be recommending this device to anyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone having issues with logging back into the mobile app? I keep getting  no network connection mesage which isn't the case since my Wifi is on and my Samaung Galaxy 7 is connected  to the Wifi. 

I'm about done with Fitbit.  Too many issues lately. 

Really looking at other alternatives. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. App message is that it's unavailable. Frustrating! I hope this gets fixed soon, meanwhile can use website.

-Charge 2 on Android Galaxy S7 phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@violetderay. How do I use the website to sync?

Very frustrating....its one thing agree another lately with Fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, same here, not logging in and dashboard not working on desktop. No sync since yesterday 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just started within the last 2 hours or so. When I go into the app it will refresh my steps but the last sync says it's been over 45 minutes (it was doing this around 4:30 pm Pacific and then synced in the last hour or so and now won't) If I try to force sync (even though all day sync is on) it pops up a little bar at the bottom that says Fitbit.com is down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TeamSloth that's what was happening to me and then it kicked me out of the app and can't log back in. 

This is ridiculous and frustrating.   Never experienced spay issues with syncing over the 3 years I've had Fitbits until now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FitBit app is not working and I also cannot log into the website. I thought it was because I just switched cell carriers and got a new phone. Every time I try on the app it says “oops there has been an error”

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. The app logged me out and won't let me back in. My husband's app is working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah it seems intermittent. Apparently I managed to sync 26 minutes ago but now trying to sync again in app I'm getting the down for maintenance bar again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, I wasn't able to pair or remove devices, logged out of app, reinstalled, getting this error message:

image_2019-09-07_12-31.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem for the last 30 minutes. Last app update was two days ago, so it must be something else. 

It would be nice to hear from fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same error and yesterday had troubles in sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

I chatted with support. They say there is an ongoing problem with the app and they are working on it, but no target time/date. There should be a software update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's working now. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can finally log back into the mobile app but it's still not syncing correctly. 

I'm am still seeing the Fitbit.com is down for maintenance message when I try to sync.

So over this!! 

Going to start exploring other options since Fitbit can't do anything to fix their issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes