Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit iOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wanted to contact Fitbit to feedback about their iOS app or speak to someone but of course it is virtually impossible. I couldn’t get the chat to work, I hate the new Fitbit app after it was changed at the end of the summer, I can no longer log my walks via the app as when in the background it just ends it early, it is much slower and delayed in syncing now and look nowhere near as polished as the old interface. Does anyone else have issues since it changed? Thanks 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I am on iOS, I Phone 14 Plus with a Versa 4.  My watch syncs extremely fast (usually 5-8 seconds).  I do walks and cardio, I have no issues with anything logging.  The app interface really needs some color to make it easier to locate information at a glance (the older version was bette in this regard), I personally have trouble discerning the information provided cause everything is basically green and white.  Google really needs to find a new design team and take a hard look at Apple.

Best Answer

I just upgraded to 4.13 on my iPhone. I didn’t think it was possible, but syncing is far, far worse. In other posts Fitbit said it must be an internet problem and it wasn’t their servers. My laptop is on the internet and working without issue. My phone can search websites without issue. Stop/start Bluetooth and reconnect Charge 5, no sync.  Stop/start app, no sync. Tried 3 more times. After 13 minutes and 5% battery usage, it finally sync’d. If it was once in a while, I wouldn’t have an issue with it. Unfortunately, it happens all the time. 

Best Answer

I am currently running Fitbit version 4.14. This morning within the activity section of the home screen the steps tile and the hours with 250 minutes tiles reversed order. There continues to be an issue with zone minutes and their relationship to exercise. Fitbit continues to refer to zone minutes in some sections as moderate vigorous and peak and in others as fat burn, cardio and peak. Information in graphs is still not available to the blind user. 

I am a blind user using Apple‘s voiceover screen, reading software on my iPhone SE, running the most current version of the iOS app. I continue to be frustrated with the slow refreshing of the iOS screens. I should also mention that within the heart rate area it used to tell me whether I was in fat burn, cardio, or peak, and this information is no longer available to me as a blind user. I am told it is available to sided users who can see the graph showing the cardio range. Siri has been good enough to find me a direct phone number to Fitbit customer care and sometimes they have been helpful , but most of the time they just want you to delete the app and reinstall it and hope that that will fix the problem. Fitbit supervisors are empathetic and understand the issues that I have but unable to help. Fitbit does not have a disability support team to assist people with physical and visual disabilities  so that they might maximize the advantages provided by the Fitbit devices. Google disability support has tried to intervene on my behalf, but has been unable to get responses from the Fitbit development team as to whether or not necessary upgrades for accessibility are being considered or ignored. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

v4.14 now here, too. Still showing exercise duration in minutes or hours/minutes, still no dark mode, still stutters scrolling, still laggy viewing exercise data, still slow showing heart rate, slow/choppy navigation, etc. No idea what they're fixing, but it's certainly not any of the things people have been posting about.

Best Answer