Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit one won’t sync with iPhone 8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my Fitbit one with my iPhone 8 Plus just fine for months.  Last night it stopped syncing.  I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the Bluetooth, restarting my phone and rebooting the Fitbit.  Nothing has worked to enable it to sync again.  I don’t know if this could have been caused by an update or a possible problem on my end but I have run out of ideas to fix it.  Anyone else experiencing problems since yesterday?

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @MichelleTegg, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far in hopes to resolve this issue. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I am having same issue. Just updated 8 Plus a few days ago and that’s when my problem started. Not recording my steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Clarklin, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and let me know you have already updated your iPhone 8+. Tell me, which tracker are you currently using? Have you restarted it yet? Is the tracker not counting your steps or are the steps not syncing with the app? Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in my previous post? 

Having this information will be very helpful for me to determine which troubleshooting steps should we take next, I will appreciate it if you could reply to me with the information requested. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add that you feel is relevant, please let me know. I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I saw a post where you recommend several things to someone with my same problem. I did all suggestions, some more than once. Eventually, Fitbit got back on track. Problem solved. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I’m having all the same issues and have everything you have suggested

My Versa is 5 weeks old. And Over  He last two days I’ve had this issue multiple times. 

No bluetooth devices to interfer with connection are around.

ive got  tHe most upto date software

ive forced quit in the ap and restarted I’ve firces quit on Bluetooth on my phone and reinitiated. I’ve signed in and out of the app and I’ve removed the app and reinstalled it

ive turned my phone on and off again

ive done a watch reset this is the ONLY THING that works by the way but today alone I have had to do this 5 times.

connection through WiFi is also not working 

my phone is iPhone 7 

this is is absolutely ridiculous! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ForrestC, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, have a warm welcome! I hope you're doing well @Clarklin, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Very Happy

@ForrestC, thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. I have checked with our Support Team and it seems you've already created a case with them, please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions from our team.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, in the meantime if you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like Clarklin, I had to repeat the steps several times, but eventually it started to sync again.  Thank you

Best Answer

I just got an Iphone X and I am having issues too.  Always in the morning.  I had some issues with my 7Plus.  But this is insane.  And yesterday it was at 58 percents and it just died!  I am thinking about calling FITBIT.  I mean I docked it and it came back on and then everything was working like a charm.   SO I thought maybe it just had to reset itself to communicate with the new phone.  But then this am again nothing!

I even had one night it did even record my sleep and I had it on! WHo knows if it did last night because it hasnt synced yet for the day.  I mean It does catch up as the day goes.  But I think it is very annoying.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, just today it stopped working. It’s worked fine for years!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  My Fit One worked fine with my iPhone 8 for several months, then yesterday it wouldn't sync.  I restarted my phone then it worked.  Today, again, it didn't sync.  I have rebooted the phone and the Fit One twice, turned off Bluetooth and restarted twice, didn't fix it.  Then I found my old PC dongle, plugged that in and the Fit One connected to the PC and synched up fine.  Still doesn't sync to the phone.  The phone is pretty new and the Fit One is at least a couple years old, so I wonder if it's time to buy a new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Issue with my IPhone 8, iOS 13.2.2    Bluetooth cannot find my Fitbit One. The Fitbit app cannot find it either. I have tried all of the solutions listed. I was able to synchronize with an iPad that had not yet upgraded to iOS 13. However my iPad automatically loaded the new iOS 13 and now it doesn’t sync either. Is there any hope this can be resolved?  Do I need to replace my Fitbit with a newer version? Thank you. 

Best Answer