Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit stopped syncing after updating to iOS 14

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I update my iphone today with ios14, my fitbit 2 is listed as "no device found" within the app and therefore will not sync.
I have tried downloading the latest update to the app, as well as logging out, force closing the app, restarting my phone and logging in again. I also tried to uninstall, restart my phone, and reinstall but neither of these things has resolved the issue.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @philguk, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device after upgrading to iOS 14. I recommend trying the following:

1. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request.

For complete troubleshooting instructions, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ChanRain.

I am sorry to hear your tracker stopped syncing after you updated your phone to iOS 14. Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to assist you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what’s the answer

i just upgraded to IOS 14 and my Inspire has stopped syncing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @philguk, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device after upgrading to iOS 14. I recommend trying the following:

1. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request.

For complete troubleshooting instructions, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around.

Best Answer

In the end I quit the App, “forgot” the device in Bluetooth settings and re-paired. That all seemed to do the trick

Best Answer

Hi @philguk, thank you for your reply.

I am glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for posting the update here. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have gone around and around with this instructions and my Versa no longer syncs or updates after IOS 14 was installed over the weekend.  I am livid!  I have owned a couple of Fitbit products for years and this is the last straw.  If the device does not work even with uninstalling the app and trying everything possible for hours now, I think I may buy an Apple Watch and not use this Versa.  Of course, I just bough several new bands for the Versa with a gift card I had and it is all just a big disappointment considering we are starting a work fitness challenge today and now I cannot participate and will have to drop out of a month long challenge.  I cannot lose a day or a week for the challenge due to this unreliable product.  I am not sure how your company expects long time users to be happy with constant work arounds that just do not work.  I just do not have the time nor patience to deal with this and spending 8 hours trying to get this Versa to sync with lag time on the clock and steps not accounted for makes this device useless to me.  It worked fine until the new IOS.  Since you have no updates on the app, there is no sense in waiting another hour going around in circles for a device that will never sync nor find bluetooth nor update nor work.  You lost a customer and now I will just go with the Apple product since I have an Apple phone.  Makes sense rather than waste any more time on Fitbit.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my charge 3 since the ios 14.2 upgrade.  The fitbit pair fine with my laptop, but I don't want to lug that around on a run!  I have tried the instructions above, plus deleting and reinstalling the app, with no luck.  Hoping that fitbit can provide a fix soon!

Best Answer

Update to the post above.  The fitbit will no longer pair with the laptop either!  It only worked once.  None of the other bluetooth devices in the house are having issues, so I suspect it is the fitbit.  This charge 3 is less than a year old!

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem, funny how Fitbit will not acknowledge that there is a problem 

Best Answer

My fitbit one is also having this issue.

Best Answer

Same problem for me after updating to the iOS 14.2 on my new iPhone 12 mini!!

not syncing or giving me my text on call alerts!! Very frustrating!!

Best Answer

I have had this happen when nothing changes. It just stops syncing. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Has anyone been able to find a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and your solution did not work for me. What else should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't know what I did but it is working now.

Best Answer
0 Votes