Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot to wear charge. How do I add steps tracked on my iPhone?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Now and again I rush off to work without my Fitbit. How can I add steps tracked by other devices into the app, so that I have a better idea of calories I can consume?
Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

This doesn’t count steps- it’s only for an actual walk time you have to put in the distance and time. It will record calories but not actual accurate steps. All the answers instruct how do this, it’s available in the app you don’t have to be on the computer. But again it may not have been an option back then - these are old threads 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like I used to be able to do that. Now it takes duration and converts it to a step value. But the conversion is not accurate. My friend tracked while my Fitbit charged and got almost 7000 steps. I logged 1.5 hours, knowing and Fitbit awarded me 1583. A search showed 1 hour yields 6k - 8500. Ridiculous!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have added steps a number of times when I've forgotten to wear my fitbit or the battery runs out.  I have to log into my dashboard on the website though, can't add steps through the app.  If you log in on the webpage, go to DASHBOARD, then LOG, then ACTIVITIES, scroll to the bottom, click on the WALK ICON, add your start time and duration, add the number of steps in the DISTANCE box and choose steps instead of kilometres, then click LOG

Best Answer
So glad to get a solid, step by step reply to this! Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

very frustrated as my battery went dead and i was away from house on a 5000K walk so now i miss all of those steps cause it will lnot allow a way to add them in...not smart usage for a trackeer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @vivi11.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. I recommend logging your exercise using fitbit.com dashboard where you can log steps. Please take a look at this post where @karren_c shared the instructions. For more information about manually logging exercises, see How do I manually log exercises in the Fitbit app?

Hope this helps.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes