Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting hundreds of iOS notifications a day for full battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge HR and when I use the All Day Sync option I very often end up in the situation where I get hundreds of notifications a day of "battery full". This happens at some random amount of time after viewing the app in iOS. But when it starts there are endless notifications every minute of battery full, even when the Charge HR itself isn't connected to the charger and hasn't been for days.

If I "swipe away" the app on iOS then the notifications stop, but that also kills the all day syncing.

Of course the syncing on iOS is horribly unreliable compared to my previous Windows Phone. It seems to only work once the app has been started once.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @jodyfanning, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around! 

This is indeed a very odd situation. Have you recently charged your tracker? If so, I would like to suggest logging out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. This will remove any bug that might be affecting this kind of notifications. 

If you're still getting these notifications, I would appreciate if you can reply with a screenshot of your phone so I can check this further. 

Give it a try and keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I have removed the app entirely and reinstalled it without any change. This is an example, but not the worst case. At worst there is one notification a minute.

IMG_0600.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jodyfanning, thanks for replying to me and thanks for the screenshot. I sincerely apologize for the delay in my response. 

At this point, I would like to suggest restarting your tracker and setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between the app and the tracker. Don't worry, this won't remove any of the information stored in your account so far.

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

Give it a try and if this doesn't seem to resolve the issue, my best recommendation would be contacting our Support Team. Let them know about this situation, I'm sure they will be able to assist you further. 

Please keep me updated and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes