Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "background transfer service issue" error.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am getting a "lost connection to background transfer service“ error. Looks like l this was an error which has come back again. I deleted the app and downloaded it again today July 25, 2018. But still I am getting the same error. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I am having the same issue and have followed other recommended work arounds and nothing worked.  I just updated my iphone 8 plus to IOS 12.0 beta

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RunMilkha and @mhetzel32, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Tell me, have you updated the Fitbit app recently? Have you restarted your phone already? If so, I would like to ask you for a screenshot of the error you're getting so I can check this further. In the meantime, please go to your phone Settings > Fitbit and make sure "Background App Refresh" is enabled.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply! I have done those things and I finally found a solution that worked.  I had to change the name of my iphone in my phone settings and that seems to have worked.  I have a feeling most of the issue is on Apple's end.  I have the new beta IOS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @mhetzel32, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find agreat tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue yesterday as well. iPhone 7, iOS 12.0 Beta. I tried all the recommended fixes with no luck. It’s not the quickest fix, but backing up my phone in iCloud, wiping the phone clean, and reinstalling worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JCro92, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let me know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier and for letting me know what you did at the end. Please note that, as expected with new beta operating systems, it's possible some of your apps won't work correctly such as the Fitbit app which hasn't been officially released for iOS 12. Our team is already informed and working about this situation to fully support the new OS when it releases. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes