Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goal Day Challenge Not Calculating - Infinity Sign?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Is anyone else having an issue with goal day challenges? I did a rematch with friends from yesterday and it is showing full bars as completed plus an infinity symbol where the percentage normally is. We're only a few hours into the day so nowhere near our goals. Anyone else ever have this?
Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22
Solved it, I just quit and started a new one and the issue resolved itself.
Best Answer

Fab @DeeGe

Have Fun

Kitten Coffee

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had the same problem: 12k steps on my FitBit, and in app, and opn webpage, but infinity as reported in one of the challenges I was participating in. (But not in a different challenge.)

"Fixed" by quitting, and then having a friend invite me back in.

Nevertheless this is a bug.  It may be a SW bug in FitBit, an uncorrected DRAM error - or, worse, evidence of iPhone malware breaking in. Possibly through a bug in FitBit, possibly through some other iPhone vulnerability such as the recent https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/22/stagefright-flaw-ios-iphone-imessage-apple

I am doing a factory reset now, but it may be too late - the malware may have already stolen all of my passwords and emptied all of my bank accounts.

This sort of +infinity bug is more scarey than a "the FitBit iPhone app won't let me do...", because the +infinity indicates data corruption.

FitBit should fix this bug, ig it is their bug.

Best Answer

This is a known bug in the Fitbit app, and should be fixed in a future release. See this post for more info.

Best Answer
Noticed same symbol wher % should be to, seems only to be ones that have already obtained goal though. Seen it once before late last week, have top two in today's with symbol instead of %??? What's it mean?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds as if this shouldn't wait for an update?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @SunsetRunner, I saw you commented on a similar thread where you can find my general reply. Note that this is an issue and our team is working hard on a fix.

We may occasionally release updates for your trackers or the Fitbit app. These updates provide feature enhancements and improvements, so I recommend that you keep your app updated for future versions of the app and bug fixes.

See you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
How could we not keep updated? Guess some don't pay as much attention and expect everything to work right regardless?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @SunsetRunner, you are right about the importance to keep updated the app.

Sometimes some users are not aware of new updates, I'm one of them to be honest. So this is just a friendly reminder, to stay tune for future versions of the Fitbit app so the issue can be address even before, we made the official announcement on our Community.

Catch ya later and If I got more information about this glitch, I will let you know.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
I did not  see it hapen yesterday 
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not fixed.  Showing an infinity sign for me on my goal day challenge today and ALL updates have been done.  Any advice? 

Best Answer

Hello @DPrask, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! So far our teams are investigating the source of this issue to roll a fix in the future to address this issue for the users who has been affected by this bug.

Thank you for your feedback and we are working to improve the Fitbit experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this problem ever rectify itself with you..mine is currently showing the infinity sign and it seems to have been an issue for a while..that and challenges that stop recording steps (ie poconos trail)

Best Answer
Hi
Had to quit the challenge and rejoin it. The infinity sign went away and it was all fine.

Denise Praskey
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gardenkitty70 good to see you again and thank you for sharing this workaround @DPrask!

@Gardenkitty70 have you tried this recommendation? It might help you to address the issue you are experiencing with your challenges.

appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I quit the challenge but couldn't rejoin it and haven't done a goal day challenge since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Gardenkitty70, I'm sorry I haven't post recently and thank you for let me know you quit the challenge and you haven't participate in another.

If you quit the challenge is require the creator of the challenge sends you a new invitation so you can join back. Although this will depend if there are still room for more participants. Keep in mind only 10 users can participate in a challenge.

See you until the next time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not sure how hard your engineering team is working on this known issue. Happened to me today. It’s 2017. This has been documented since at least 2015. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently it’s still an issue! 11/01/17

Best Answer
0 Votes