Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goal target for distance on the Weekly/monthly/yearly view is higher than the daily activity goal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I go to the distance tab within the iOS version of the Fitbit app, it is saying my goal is higher than I have it set under the daily activity for the weekly, monthly, and yearly page views. It’s fine on the daily view where it will correctly say I’ve walked X miles of my 5 mile goal. But when I switch to any of the longer views, it shows the green goal line as higher than I have it set in daily activity. Therefore, under daily view, it might say I’ve exceeded my daily goal, but when I switch to weekly or longer views, it says I didn’t hit my goal. 

If I set my daily goal at 5 miles, the weekly and up views show it as 8 miles. Lowering it to 4 miles, then it thinks it’s 6 miles. Raising it to 6 miles, then it’s 10. 7 miles is actually 11 miles and you get the idea. Based on these numbers it seems like it’s a conversion issue between metric and US units as the differences align with rounding my goal in miles to the equivalent whole number of equal kilometers. 

IMG_6361.png

IMG_6362.png

IMG_6363.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@VGirl7553   This is a known issue with the Fitbit app.  It's a mile/kilometer mismatch.  Five miles is 8.1km.  Fitbit doesn't seem to be in any hurry to fix it.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the clarification. However, if it is a known issue, then Fitbit should do something to address it. That only seems logical. And I posted to the fourm because when I searched for similar issues, I didn't see any topics discussing it. Not really sure how much more help there is unless Fitbit debugs their app.

Best Answer
0 Votes