Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new phone and I lost all of my data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
When I got my iPhone 6s, Fitbit led me through a full set up (like when I originally set up my charge hr), and now I lost all of my data. Is there anything I can do? Also, my account says its waiting for an email verification, but I have not received one (I have attempted to send it countless times).
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Sminyard80 I'd recommend making sure that you are logged into the Fitbit App using the correct email address, especially if you use multiple email addresses.

My guess is that you are logged into a different Fitbit account than the one that has all of your historical fitness data. You can log out of the App by clicking the account button at the bottom right-hand corner and then clicking the "Log Out" button at the bottom of the page.

Let me know if you need any additional help!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@Sminyard80 I'd recommend making sure that you are logged into the Fitbit App using the correct email address, especially if you use multiple email addresses.

My guess is that you are logged into a different Fitbit account than the one that has all of your historical fitness data. You can log out of the App by clicking the account button at the bottom right-hand corner and then clicking the "Log Out" button at the bottom of the page.

Let me know if you need any additional help!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Sminyard80 , your data is stored on the Fitbit servers, not on your phone, so your data should still be there.  From what you have said about the email, it sounds like you made an error entering your email when you were doing the setting up of your new phone -- either you entered a different email address or made a typo entering it.  I think your best bet would be to start over, if possible, making sure to use the same email you originally used for your Fitbit account.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Got it! Thank you. I got it sorted out. I lost the last 2 days of data, but got the previous year back.

~Shannon 😃

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm having the same trouble. I got a new phone (iphone 6s) and when I logged into the account my fitbit wasn't paired. After pairing it, I'm still missing over a year's worth of data. I have only ever had one account, and I know I'm logging in correctly. Any ideas how to get the data back?

Best Answer

Hi there @walks017, welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community. I see a resemblance with your issue as this happened with one of my friends.

Note that when you change your mobile device it should not requested to pair your tracker again. So this confirms that perhaps there is a variation on your email address. This will also explain why your previous data is missing. When you pair a tracker to your account it should appear paired in other devices as long you keep using the same email address.

I'm telling you this, since with my friend was the same scenario. She was sure about using the same email address, but when she looked closer there was a variation on the email address. On her case was a different letter, that at first glance did not look different. 

My recommendation is to take a closer look at your email address and compare with the one of your old device if is possible. If you cannot see this I recommend to contact our Support Team so they can review more in depth this for you.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my new phone also asked to pair my Fitbit when logging in and erased all of my data. This is the correct email, I have the same associated Fitbit friends and same login name and photo. Only difference is my data is completely lost. Please let me know how to amend. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@scavuzzo.m , could you have 2 Fitbit accounts with 2 email addresses?  What you are describing is really not how it works.  Your data will be stored under the email address you use for Fitbit.  Your data will not be erased.  It will just be stored under a different address.  

When getting a new phone, be sure you choose “log in” rather than “join Fitbit”.

My suggestion would be, consider what other address you might have used and try logging in using that address.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit also went to 0 steps for the day, after having hiked 8 miles. So unless logging onto the wrong account (I am positive I only have one) also erased my Fitbit on my arm, I don’t really get how the data is somehow saved. It seems to be completely erased. I tried my other two email addresses just to be certain but to no avail

Best Answer
Talked directly to support and my data is indeed lost - hope everyone else has better luck!
Best Answer

I had all my data erased.customer support deleted my account after waiting 10 days so I could use the app. and now the same thing has now happed to my wife. This has nothing to do with the type of watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes