Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble syncing with iPod

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In order to synch the fitbit to my iPod I need to try it 3-4 times eventhough I have checked the set up three times and everything looks correct; and I have the iPod only 2-3 ft from the fitbit.  It eventually does synch but why does it take so many tried before cancelling out?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@fmm  Here is a link to help you identify your iPod model.

Have you tried restarting your tracker and your iPod? 

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Do you have a 5th or 6th generation iPod Touch?

Best Answer
I don’t know which generation it is. It is three years old. It does synch, but only after 2-3, sometimes 4 tries.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@fmm  Here is a link to help you identify your iPod model.

Have you tried restarting your tracker and your iPod? 

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello @fmm, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @SunsetRunner and @LZeeW, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@fmm, I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. As @LZeeW mentioned, have you tried to restart your tracker and your iPod lately? If so, check that your iPod is listed as a compatible device. If it is, I would like to ask you to enable All-day Sync to establish a connection between your iPod and your tracker, this will make syncing easier and it will even sync in the background, when your iPod is locked. 

To enable All-day Sync go to Account > Your tracker  and scroll down until you see All-day Sync. Don't worry, this won't drain the battery on your tracker or your iPod faster than usual. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your message re: connection between Fitbit One and iPodTouch. I have followed all instructions and the first time I try to synch it just cancels and goes back to the Fitbit app. Sometimes I can get it to connect the second time but a third time is more the norm. The two devices are within three feet of each other and all my other apps connect just fine (Starbucks is also rather slow, but always connects on the first try if I am very patient), so I don’t think the problem is at my end.

I have just gotten use to the fact that it is slow or incapable of an initial connection.

Michael
Best Answer
0 Votes

5th generation

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, I tried all that stuff.  It isn't that it doesn't connect, it just takes 2-4 times for it to happen.  Today was different, it connected on the first try.  Maybe it's because I traveled more steps, 13,430.  Generally my total is a bit under 5,000.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes