Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate not registering during exercise tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Seeing as I've started walking and jogging during lockdown, I've started using the manual tracking on the app.

I've used it twice now but after I'm getting the data and there is a 'not enough heart rate data available' notification on the exercise. But heart rate is still tracking, and is there on my over all day?

Any advise?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I have exactly the same issue and from what I can gather from other threads, this has been happening since a July 2019 update from fitbit and since then there has been no further action from fitbit team to resolve this. Seems like a deliberate attempt from Fitbit to de-link the Heart Zones from the Exercise Tracking that you manually start.

Auto-tracking does not even work for me.

But the normal HR is getting tracked. So I dont think there is any hardware issues.

I have tried to restart the Fitbit Alta itself 3 times at least, re-installed the Fitbit App on my iPhone, deleted the Alta from the fitbit app and re-synced everything. Nothing works.

While I hope they will solve it at some point, 8 months of no effect is just **ahem**ing. Plus its an update that killed it, so they should have been able to roll back to determine why. It was tracking perfectly before that and I used to enjoy fitbit.

The fact I actually bought two Alta HRs and an Aria 2 weighing machine is a miserable ending for me. So much for being a loyal supporter! If you dont see any response from the fitbit team (I certainly didnt see any appropriate ones so far), its time you move on too. I am moving on in my next purchase. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a known issue that recently popped up and has been reported. 

This happens when using the Fitbit app to record the run. 

Best Answer

Yep, exactly this. 

If I just let it auto pick up, then it records heart rate but obviously not the pace or map

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm moveing this iOS app question out of the Hardware board. 

Best Answer
0 Votes