Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly activity not syncing correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday's hourly activity did not properly sync to the app. I've noticed there is often a significant delay between my Inspire HR showing that the default 250 steps in an hour have been completed and it displaying in the app but never more than about 10 or 15 minutes. Yesterday the device was showing 10/10 but the app only reached 9/10. The app still shows 9/10 the following morning.

Everything else seems to be syncing normally.

I've seen other posts where this was happening which said this was a bug and it was fixed so it looks like a regression as I upgraded the app to version 3.20.1 yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Midorinoji, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your hourly activity isn't properly syncing to the app. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help.

I would like to confirm that our team is aware of this issue and we're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I am sorry for any trouble. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steps are syncing correctly but not hourly activity or breakdown of exercise (fat burn / cardio etc)

it looks like I’ve done 20,000 + steps but not moved at all in any hour of the day ??

advice please

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Janygonn

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. It's still an ongoing issue that our team is prioritizing a fix for. I appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to improve your experience. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 is recording my hourly 250 steps accurately, but the app is not, at present I've done 5 of 9 but the app shows 2 of 9 this has occurred several times over the past few weeks, from 30th April onwards this has happened, the steps total is the same on both though. All the other functions seem to be OK

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Midnight-Blue.

Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing that your Charge 3 is recording your hourly 250 steps accurately, but the app is not. I appreciate the additional details and would like to advise that our team is working to resolve this issue and hope to have a fix soon. I am sorry for the inconvenience that you're having.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Fitbit Inspire HR and I, too, am having issues with the hourly activity! It is displaying correctly on the device but, not on the App or at fitbit.com. Today my device has shown every hour so far and the App displays 5 out of 14. I've tried every trick from rebooting the App on my phone, re-pairing the device on bluetooth, resetting the device, resetting the app, etc. It's showing on app and device, that I did not do any steps or movement on the hours that I have, yet my step count is accurate and the little guy in the hourly dotted circle is showing correctly on device. When I go to App or website is where it is showing no movement or steps taken! This happens several times a month and it becomes a big bummer on my weekly stats because they are showing inaccurately. I am really proud of my achievements and seeing them (because I hate to exercise LOL and I am pleasantly plump trying to lose weight), I get down on  myself when I have not achieved the 14 hours, so when the app and weekly stats show I haven't when I have, it's very discouraging!  

Best Answer

I have a Charge 3 and the app is not syncing accurately with the device.  Device says I've got 9 of 13 hours so far, but the app (and therefore the computer dashboard) stopped registering at 7 or 13.  I

t's not the first time I've noticed this.  I've logged out of the app and back in, and I've rebooted the device (numerous times over the last week or so).  What's the fix for this?

~raquel54
Best Answer
0 Votes