Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly activity time is an hour off after Daylight Savings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I got up this morning after the annual "Fall Back" of the clocks.
When I synced my Fitbit, I saw that the Hourly Activity was listed as 6 AM to 5PM, instead of the usually 7 AM to 6 PM that I have set in the past.
I figured it was due to the time change, but then when I tried to set the 12 hour window as 7AM to 7PM it would continually change it back to 6 AM to 5PM in the Dashboard screen. In order to set the correct window of 7AM to 6PM in the Dashboard, I needed to set 8AM to 8PM in the settings window.
I have the Charge 2, I verified that my wife had the same issue with her Charge HR. Seems more like an App issue than hardware.
Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Good morning, @Ken_Cook! A question for you ... what time does your iPhone show? Both the iPhone and the Fitbit must be on the same time. Both of mine are set for automatic time but both were off. This solved my problem:

- on the iPhone, go to Settings - Date and Time. Tap to turn Set Automatically off. Wait a moment, then tap to turn it back on.

- then, on the Fitbit Dashboard, re-sync the Fitbit. 

This is took care of the problem for me. Please let me know if it straightens things out for you and your wife.  

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem as OP. My fitbit, phone, and computer are all showing the correct time. My dashboard has everything logged correctly and I have the time zones properly set. My app started by showing incorrect hourly activity times but suddenly has that fixed. The current issue is that the app is improperly logging the timing of my steps - they're all logging one hour behind. They show up correctly on the dashboard but I would like it to log correctly on the app. I've tried redownloading the app, resetting my surge, and syncing with different time zones, but nothing will work. I've automatically set time zone and manually done it in the app, but neither will fix the step logging. Is there anything else I can try?

Best Answer
I am have big the same issue. It keeps resetting the start time to 6 am and the end time to 2 pm. All devices are showing the correct time. I'm frustrated, but I'm glad it's not just me.
Best Answer
Ditto. Phone updated fine, but FitBit is an hour off. I tried restarting the app and the whole phone, but it didn't help. Also tried gaming it by changing the setting to a time zone an hour away, but that also didn't help. There appears to be a glitch that needs fixing.
Best Answer
When it was an hour off I tried resetting in the settings but that's even funkier. Every time I change to 9-5 it changes to 8-4 of 7-3 or some other time. Everything but 9-5
Best Answer

Charge HR: Similar problem starting with daylight saving problem. I had 8 AM to 9 PM. It switched to 7 AM to 8 PM.  I tried to manually change and in thre setup many times it would change my hours on it's own.  When I did get it to stay on what I wanted and clicked [Done], the hours it showed on the Dashboard were changed to randomly from starting from 6 AM to 8 AM  and ending time from 6 PM to 8 PM.  Sometimes with the max of 14 hours and other times to 13 and 12 hours.  After rebooting/stopping the Fitbit app, it continued to have the same problems.  It seems like going off daylight saving time is a Y2K type of problem.  P.S.  When I first went to 14 hours maximum the previous history was gone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having a very similar experience as everyone else. My fitbit and phone show the correct time,but just about everything else is off on the app. I slept until 8:50 am, but the dashboard says I got up at 7:50. I started my run at around 9:30, but the dashboard is an hour behind. It is also logging the hourly activity for the 250 steps an hour behind. For instance it's now 1:04 pm, so I'll be logging my 12 pm hours during this hour. Annoying... Glad to hear it's not just me.
Best Answer
Same here. No matter what I do, it defaults back to 6am-5pm, but the dashboard shows 6am-4pm. It's all messed up. Mine seems to be tracking the time correctly now, but I think it gave me a freebie hour between 6am-7am. I wish I could just adjust the hours back to what I want!
I'm in the Pacific time zone.
Best Answer
Hi Carol-B. I wish I could say your solution worked for me, but both my iPhone and Fitbit both showed the correct time, and turning off Set Automatically and turning it back on on the phone did absolutely nothing. I suspect that in the next day or so we will see an update since it seems that when you are setting the Hourly Activity it is based on one clock system (possibly the phone itself) but then when you return to the dashboard it appears to be doing a calculation (such as GMT -5:00). Glad to know it isn't me. Looking forward to an update that forces me to reset the Hourly Activity time again.
Best Answer

Same here. Cannot fix. Fine on dashboard on computer, but messed up on ipad and iphone. I normally have 8am - 6pm, now it is 7am-4pm. Have not been able to fix.

Best Answer
Had the same problem, but I think I tricked it.

Mine was set from 7 am to 4 pm, and it reset with daylight savings time. I was having problems getting it to set correctly.

So I set it for 8 am to 6 pm after some trial and error.

So set it to plus 1 after your start time and plus 2 after your end time.

That seems to have worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for my phone! Will try it on the ipad. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
We're having the same issue. Can't get it resolved.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Your solution worked for me! I had tried all other suggestions on this thread, but when I added the plus one and plus two, it went back to normal!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Update - it worked for phone and ipad, but messed up online dashboard. Hoping this will fix itself tomorrow or with an update.

Best Answer
Looks like the Hourly Activity setting are back to normal ( I had to go back in and reset them).
Based on what I saw last night, it looks like the calculation had more to do with hours since midnight. I think if I just left it alone it would have been fine today. Glad to see it doesn't require an update, but would Iike to see an update that addresses this issue before the Spring time change.
Best Answer
That worked for me too! I'm not sure how because before it wouldn't let me
change the time at all, but I'm grateful. It seems to be working normally
now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Several years later, this is still an error. 

Best Answer

Yeah I've had a Fitbit since 2015,  and I know it has been problem for me since they added the hourly movement reminders. It isn't rocket science to write the code to account for the time change  

Best Answer