Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How DOI customise dashboard on new version of the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I upgraded to the latest version of the Fitbit app today. The “today” are used to be easily customisable by simply dragging things up and down to where you want them. This doesn’t seem possible on the new app and I wondered if anyone has figured out how to make this change. For example, it’s putting my sleep hours at the top, but since this is something I only look at once a day, I would rather have something like my hourly exercise at the top, so I don’t have to scroll down when I try and look at it. Any help gratefully received. 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @JasonInPimlico , the new app actually is quite customizable!  You start by clicking on the small pencil icon to the right of the word Today on the opening screen of the app.

The first thing you can customise is your “focus”.  When you click on the pencil icon you will see a box under the words “Set your focus”. Click anywhere in the box and swipe left to see your options.  The built in focus options are: Improve heart health, get more active, sleep better, manage weight, and manage stress.  For each of these there is one main stat and 3 subsidiary ones built in.  

The final option of Set your Focus allows you to choose any four stats (one primary and 3 subsidiaries).  You can choose these from any of the available stats.  Start by clicking on the big circle.  The number 1 will appear in the big circle.  Click below on Metric 1 and choose your primary focus.  Repeat through the other 3 metrics.  Be sure to click “Save” when you make your choices.

Once you have chosen your main focus, or set a custom focus, you can reorder as before using the up and down arrows.  The only real change with this is that you can only move groups of tiles, rather than individual ones (for example the activity tiles are all in one group, as are the heart health ones, etc.).

You can also hide any stats that are not relevant for you, again on the edit screen, by sliding the button to off next to each unwanted stat.

I hope this helps.  Please post again if anything is unclear.  I am really enjoying the focus options on the new app, so I am really liking it, although it did take some getting used to at first.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thanks. That’s very helpful. 

Best Answer