Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the purple background back?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Was the purple background completely removed in the last app update?  Or is there now a setting to turn it on or off?  (Or maybe my app is acting up right now?)

I really like the purple backgrounds and appreciate the darker screen.  I’d love to get it back if possible. 

(Using an iPhone SE 2 gen. App is version 3.52.1)

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I just noticed this the other day! I also preferred the darker background and I enjoyed watching the cityscape light up. 

I hope that there's a way to turn it back on. I tried searching through all of the app settings options but, I didn't see anything about changing the background.

Best Answer

Same. I like the purple and the cityscape. I was wondering what happened. 🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

It hasn’t had an update that I can see. Probably server problems?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @CBeck03@Phemie and @Nanee5_20. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for sharing these details with me, and for the steps tried on your own. Before anything else, let me explain that this screen will appear as a celebration whenever you've reached your daily goals. I'm sorry if you didn't see it on the Fitbit app, and appreciate your feedback. In this case, my best advice is to keep the Fitbit app updated, as well as your details synced so you can receive it next time.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Yes, I know it used to do that. It used to appear when I’d met about 1/5-1/4 of my main goal and then continue to add to the screen as I got further. And it would show if I went to a previous day where I had progressed toward or made my goal.  

The comment about “next time” seems to miss how it used to work. Unless you are talking about a temporary celebration screen when a goal is hit?  If so, that is not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about the growing nightscape background that was there until just recently. 

It is completely gone and white now. I have just synced. It’s not a sync problem. My app is updated. 

Best Answer

Does anyone know what triggers this background change in the app?  I get it from time to time, seems random, but my wife never has seen it so I was just wondering what triggers it?

I tried to upload an image but it says I do not have permission to.  Basically the white background turns blue and through out the day as I get closer to my step goal more and more fireworks appear.

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi there, @CBeck03@rockdog2001 Welcome on board.

Thanks for getting back and sharing more details about this situation. Let me clarify that this celebration screen will appear as long as you've reached your daily goals. If this isn't your case or if you forgot to sync, the Fitbit app won't change the background.

I understand your point of view about this matter and appreciate your efforts while working on this matter. If you're reaching your goals but the screen isn't changing, please provide me with the model and OS version of your phone as these details will help me to further investigate. If possible, take a screenshot of what it's displayed on the Fitbit app and attach it on your reply.

@rockdog2001 I've moved your post to this thread as it seems you're having a similar experience.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.  What daily goals specifically trigger it?  I ask because after it is triggered, it seems the only goal that keeps it going is the step goal but it definitely takes more than meeting the step goal to trigger it the first time.  At least for me that seems to be the case on a iphone 7 plus (iOS 15.2)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you are misunderstanding. There is no purple background with a cityscape now at all. Just stark white. Before the city would grow and change with your progress, but it is completely not there, at all, no matter what. 

Best Answer

It's clear we are talking about two different things, and it's frustrating that you don't appear to be aware of that in spite of our efforts to describe what used to be visible.

You appear to be talking about the temporary celebration that appears once after all major goals are met.  That is what is happening before the purple cityscape background, and what is happening again now that the purple cityscape background appears to have been removed.  I am having no trouble getting that temporary celebration, though it's definitely disappointing over the cityscape that I preferred. 

We are talking about the cityscape background that would grow as the main goal was met.  As I've said, for me, it would start at 1/5 my goal (2000 steps) and add features every 2000 steps, ending with fireworks and skylights in the background with the step goal was met.  I did not need to meet the other goals to get this purple cityscape background.  And it wasn't temporary.  The amount of features "earned" would stay visible, not just through the day of but anytime I viewed past days. It appears some others complained about it - perhaps those of us who enjoyed it should have been more vocal?

The images were nice, but honestly - the purple background was so much nicer on my eyes.  Whenever an app allows it, I've tried to make the background a darker color.  It was wonderful when FitBit did that.  And having had a month or so of that, it's really hard to have the app suddenly back to the bright white background.

I will try to add pictures so you can see exactly what we are talking about.  Ironically, the "How to" you linked to appears to be outdated or specific to a different browser and I am not being given the same options that it directs me to use.  But, for now, this thread is from when it first appeared (and these posters were not pleased with it) and the top post has a picture link that shows the purple cityscape.  As you can clearly see, that FitBit user had not yet met all the goals and still had the cityscape showing up.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit- Hopefully this attempt to include pictures will work.

Here is the current celebration - a very short-lived firework visual that only occurs once, the first time the app is synced after all the main goals are reached:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/aaYgxnvSpuwvXwZU8

After that brief celebration, the app has only the plain white background: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7vXYpUpm8JNDJqH19

The purple cityscape background we are talking about is very different.  Thankfully I got one image of it in November: https://photos.app.goo.gl/suhkAbEayK5iW8Zj6

This is what it looked like once the entire step goal was met.  The image appeared at 2,000 steps, though (1/5 my goal).  The flood light (not sure the correct term, but the elevated set of 9 lights on the left) showed up at 6,000 steps (3/5 my goal).  I believe the fireworks and background skylights (that moved back and forth) showed up at 10,000, but one of them may have showed up at 8,000.  I don't remember what appeared at 4,000.  But I do know this image stayed.  It stayed all the rest of the day.  It stayed if I had "earned" it and then viewed it on a previous day.  I could scroll through previous days and see many versions of this image, depending on how close I'd come to meeting my step goal that day.  Now that is all gone.

Hopefully that clarifies what we are talking about, and helps you understand we are *not* referring to the short-term celebration once all the major goals were met.

Best Answer