Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I track net calories on Fitbit app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know how I can track daily weekly and monthly net calories (out minus in) on fit bit apps? I use MyFitnessPal for calories in and I was hoping Fitbit or even Apple Watch offer net calories count on daily weekly and monthly basis but neither do. Fitbit does put the in and out calories next to each other in the calories in dashboard but it’s a real effort manually calculating them across different weeks and adding them up across weeks. It’s so obviously a useful metric to have in a dashboard of its own but no idea why they haven’t done it. Calories out minus calories in. Simple. And if this was available, why not also add goal setting based on daily net calories? There is so much that can be done with net calories and they haven’t scratched the surface.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

If you are looking for a bar chart that shows the actual net calories in a simple bar chart then it does not exist unfortunately and it is a serious law. No idea why no one there hasn’t thought of this. But the way, same can be said of the apple health app. Having said that, the Fitbit does have a chart that shows intake calories and out calories as bar charts next to each other. If you select the intake calories in the dashboard it will take you to that chart. In the chart, depending on what weight loss goals you have set in the app, the color of the intake bar can be red blue or green, helping you know if you have gone above your net calories for the day or in line with your goals. Unfortunately, again, no idea why they don’t have a monthly view of this same chart either.

Best Answer
0 Votes