Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stop the tips on the Fitbit app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

These are just an irritant, I am not able to find a way to stop them

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @robstg.

I’m sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with the tips in the Fitbit app.

To have a better understanding of the situation, please share a screen shot of one of those tips.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

These pop-ups, how can I DISABLE them.  Permanently. 

robstg_0-1656434727872.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

These pop-ups, how can I DISABLE them.  Permanently. 

robstg_2-1656434943332.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @robstg 

There isn’t a way to disable these pop ups. You can tap thumbs down and then maybe more relevant pop ups will appear based on your taste. But to answer your question directly there’s no possible way to delete the. 
I know not the response you wanted but I hope it does at least answer your question 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you put in a feature request to allow us to configure our dashboard to not show it?
having to close these pop-ups is annoying and they are of zero value.

Best Answer

Hello again @robstg 

The explanation of these messages you see are explained here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2435.htm. It’s states you’ll see messages in the Fitbit app that give you personal insight into your health and wellness based on your Fitbit data. These messages may be about general wellness, activity, nutrition, mindfulness, sleep patterns, and more. Tap the X in the top right to dismiss a message. Provide feedback on a message by tapping the thumbs up icon or the thumbs down icon. 

I understand that sometimes individuals want to disable this feature but allow the feature to exist for others who might enjoy them. This is something that was suggested here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Option-to-disable-quot-Fitbit-Today-Insights-quo.... But it appears to be a closed thread now with no intention to make the changes. 
I’m  sorry my response doesn’t help disabled the feature but I’m just a Fitbit consumer as yourself and I don’t work for Fitbit so please don’t be mad at the messenger 🥴. I to would prefer the ability to disable them as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A closed thread with no intention to make the changes? You don't say. 

Best Answer

I would like to have the ability to disable the tips.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community, @mikey_pdx @Hiker742.

@robstg @mikey_pdx @Hiker742, our team is constantly working to improve our products and services but at the moment there are no plans to add an option to disable Fitbit Today Insights. If there is any update about this topic, it should be communicated as soon as possible.

Thanks for your support, @SunsetRunner.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer