Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you turn off the "calories burned" target?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the app there is a counter for calories burned. This seems to have a target associated with it which is simply a number of calories burned that day. The counter itself is interesting so I don't want to hide it, but is there a way to turn off the associated target? I don't see any point in having a calories burned target and having the icon change from an outline to filled is meaningless.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
  • Fitbit app
    1. Tap the Today tab

, and tap your profile picture. 
    2. Find the Goals section, and tap the goal you want to view or adjust. 
    3. Tap the part of the goal you want to adjust, and follow the on-screen instructions to make your changes.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

You also have daily targets for steps, active minutes, floors, distance, as well as calories.  Do you want to turn off all daily targets, or just calories?

You cannot "turn off" the target but you could set it to something ridiculously low, or high, so there is never a question of if you will reach it.  Or you could just remove the calories display from your dashboard.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@JohnnyRow Thank you for the reply. It is only the calories target I want to get rid of because a calories burned target without reference to calorie intake is meaningless but do not want to hide the counter.

Where is the target adjusted?

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Fitbit app
    1. Tap the Today tab

, and tap your profile picture. 
    2. Find the Goals section, and tap the goal you want to view or adjust. 
    3. Tap the part of the goal you want to adjust, and follow the on-screen instructions to make your changes.

Best Answer

@JohnnyRow Thank you.

There were no onscreen instructions but simply editing the figures worked.

Actually I found it is possible to disable the target. If I set the target to "1" the app displays it as having been achieved but setting it to "0" the icon remains unfilled.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t find the “goals area”

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jakkipaige wrote:

I can’t find the “goals area”

It has changed since then.  On phone app,

Today page > profile pic > Activity & Wellness > Daily Activity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way to disable calories burned on the watch face? I took it off of my dashboard, but I can't figure out how to stop seeing it on the watch. I don't want to know how many calories I've burned. I'm not trying to do anything about my weight. It's detrimental for me to see it.

Best Answer

@tap5721 wrote:

Is there a way to disable calories burned on the watch face? I took it off of my dashboard, but I can't figure out how to stop seeing it on the watch. I don't want to know how many calories I've burned. I'm not trying to do anything about my weight. It's detrimental for me to see it.

Most, or all, trackers have several clock faces available.  You can look through them for one that suits your needs.  Also, on many that show one stat, tapping that stat changes it to another stat.

See How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 

Also note, seeing calories burned is not necessarily about your weight.  It also is a good measurement of how much exercise you get.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure, that I know, but is there a way to remove it completely? I have a single stat selected, but I want to click through my stats on the watch without seeing calories burned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tap5721 wrote:

Sure, that I know, but is there a way to remove it completely? I have a single stat selected, but I want to click through my stats on the watch without seeing calories burned.

You can try another clock face.  But it all depends on which clock face you are using.  I don't even know which tracker you have, and some trackers have hundreds or thousands of third-party faces available.  You would just have to look at the description of any given face to see what it says.  But I doubt many, if any, let you just remove any field completely.

Best Answer
0 Votes