Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Edit an Activity?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

how can I change a recorded exercise? 

(type and or duration)

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @WillemP, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Are you trying to edit a manually logged activity or an activity automatically recognized by your tracker? In either case you can edit an exercise by tapping on the Exercise tile and then on the activity you'd like to edit:

EditExercise.png

Then, you can categorize your activity in case you'd like to:

EditExercise2A.png

Tapping on Categorize Exercise will bring another screen where you can select the type of activity you'd like to choose to categorize it. Simply tap on the Search bar and type in your exercise. You can even select from a list of recent and custom activities. Please remember that if you select an activity that doesn't involves steps, such as Yoga or Aerobics, you won't be able to edit Distance later on.

EditExercise4.png

Now, in order to edit the Duration and Distance (if needed), go back to the exercise screen and tap on the ellipsis (...) icon on the top right corner and then on Edit Exercise Details.

EditExercise2.png

Then, you'll have the option to change the duration of the exercise by selecting when the activity started and when it stopped. If necessary, you can adjust the distance as well, in case you selected an activity such as Walk, Run, Hike, etc. 

EditExercise3.png

Finally, click on DONE to save the changes. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I am also trying to edit an activity (specifically, the "category" or "activity type" of an activity recorded utilizing the GPS "track exercise" feature), and the instructions provided with the screenshots do not seem to apply to the current functionality for this type of recorded activity, either within the app or using the "dashboard" on the website. I only get the option to delete the activity altogether, not to edit it in any way. Is there a way currently to somehow edit the activity type of a "tracked" exercise (i.e. change it from a "walk" to a "hike," or vice versa)?

Thank you,

Jessica

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JessicaLynnC, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to see new people around! Smiley Happy

At this moment, an activity recorded directly from the app and that contains a GPS track can't be edited. The only activities that can be edited are the ones recorded by a Fitbit tracker or manually logged activities. I understand this feature might be helpful for many people, which is why I would like to suggest you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where members of the Community can vote for it and add their comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This editing options works if the app is on my iphone, but not if it's on my ipad. Why is that? Isn't it just the same app (it hasn't been made specifically for ipad so I expected it to be the same). I also can't edit on the computer (I could with my One, but not my Charge2). 

We really need the option to change start/end times, as it's so easy to forget to press the button, and the auto-tracking isn't always accurate. 

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ScrapjenB, thanks for joining the conversation, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let me know about this situation. Would it be possible for you to reply to me with a screenshot of what you're able to see when trying to edit an activity on your iPad? Please remember that activities recorded using the MultiSport option on your Charge 2 and activities tracked by MobileRun can't be edited. 

Thanks for your patience, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, I hope you don't mind me bumping this thread.

For some reason, my training from this morning failed to register GPS data.

What I do have is the training activity itself, but the distance (8,1 km) is wrong.
I can compare with previous trainings on this track - it should be 8,8 km.

Given the lack of GPS, I guess the 8,1 was simply calculated as steps x step length.

I had manually entered the step length - perhaps my mistake. Should I set it to Automatic ?
If I understand correctly, it will be updated according to actual GPS data (if and when available).

This question is mainly to avoid the above miscalculation whenever GPS logging fails.

My second question: I seem to be able to edit this specific activity (i.c. change the distance).
When I do so and tap Done, I'm back in the Activity screen where my new distance shows for a split second than jumps back to the old one. So my edit doesn't seem to work. What do I miss?

—Gerrit

IMG_1165.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I logged a 'hike', was the closest default option to snowshoeing, using my Ionic to get the GPS tracking. When I go into Categorize Activity there is no search option, just 6 default options none of which are winter activities or the actual activity I was doing. Why is there no search option? And why is Interval Workout an option for a GPS tracked activity?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find a away around this? I have reported this to Fitbit many timesbut as far as I can tell they have just ignored the issue completely 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JohnnyW75,

Unfortunately not. However, what I did find is the Fitbit "support" to be rather questionable (putting it very politely).

Have a good run anyways 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes