Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I record push-ups routine on Fitbit app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello
I am not able to add my workout in my Fitbit
I want to add push-ups and jumping jags as exercise in my Fitbit and unable to find them in iOS application
I am using ios8. Please help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Sharan Hey there! In order to log your activities (push-ups and jumping jags), please create a custom activity via your website and then log both activities within your app.

To create custom activities, please go to your Activities page > type the name of the activity in the search results > create your own activity by clicking the Create custom activity text that will appear below the search field.

Your custom activity will appear in your Favorite section at the bottom of the page. Go to your Fitbit app and log either Push-ups or Jumping Jags as normal.

Hope this helps!

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

@Sharan Hey there! Some activities disappeared from the Dashboard so you won't be able to log them by typing them in the search bar. However, if you have them in Favorites, Most Logged or Recent you can add those activities from there. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sharan Hey there! In order to log your activities (push-ups and jumping jags), please create a custom activity via your website and then log both activities within your app.

To create custom activities, please go to your Activities page > type the name of the activity in the search results > create your own activity by clicking the Create custom activity text that will appear below the search field.

Your custom activity will appear in your Favorite section at the bottom of the page. Go to your Fitbit app and log either Push-ups or Jumping Jags as normal.

Hope this helps!

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much Silvia for your reply. Appreciate it!!

Best Answer

Hello Edgar,

I manually created my activities with custom activity as you suggested and it worked. Thanks alot!!

Best Answer

@Sharan You're very welcome Smiley Wink That's exactly what I did when I was trying to add some activities. Glad that it works for you. Keep it up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get how to add custom activites, but don't you have to add things like miles and all that, which isn't necessary for things like push ups, so how do you properly track the activity

Best Answer

@mkromis Good question. As you can see (image below), there is a space dedicated for distance traveled, however, this field is optional so you won't need to put any value (it should appear as N/A). 

distance.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

P.S. Welcome to Community Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still don't see how you track the number of push-ups, unless there is some way to track this beyond miles or time.  I really am not interested in the amount of time I spent doing push-ups - more interested in keeping track of how many push-ups I do over time.  Is there an option for adding a relevant category such as #  so that you can log in and type in the number of push-ups for each day?

Koz in Silver Spring

Best Answer

@KozSilverSpring Hello and welcome to Fitbit Community!

You have a valid point, thanks for pointing out that. There is another option, however, it's not available for everyone. There are some features which are available only to customers who created a Fitbit account on or before September 28, 2014. There is a "Custom tracker" option, it's available to help you log anything for which we have not already provided a tracker, so in this case it should work perfectly for "Push Ups". Take a look to this article to get more info. 

If you created your account after September, logging an activity seems to be more reliable for you. Thanks for your understanding. Let me know any questions Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just created a "calisthenics" exercise to cover push-ups, sit-ups, ect., you know, military PT workouts. 🙂
Best Answer

@BryBub Good choice. That's a great idea, thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank Edgar.  Unfortunately I just bought my FitBit in December 2014.  Does that mean there is no way to add a new activity and appropriate indicator like "# of pushups"?

Or will up-grading to Fitbit premium allow me to add activities and tracking indicator?

CHris

Best Answer
Submitted content: All-round Fitness Pack: Hundred PushUps, 200 SitUps, 200 Squats and 50
PullUps by XIAO DAN LIN
https://appsto.re/us/e1xRJ.i

I put my charge in workout mode, then log or tag the workout on my Fitbit
dashboard as "Calisthenics". I tried the Runtastic apps but I just prefer
the one above on the App Store.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KozSilverSpring Unfortunately no Smiley Frustrated Unless you want to use a 3rd-party app that works with Fitbit to log this activity, logging a common activity is the only way to keep record of your push-ups. You may also want to try what @BryBub is suggesting, sounds really good Smiley Happy

Have a nice Friday!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Edgar; Thanks for info but not being able to log basic things like pushups, situps, pullups (as single exercise rather than general calisthenics) is incredibly short sighted, and frankly lame..... 

Best Answer

No, this would not be the same thing as not being able to log...

Best Answer

Just got Fitbit and now one week in.  Agree to most in the thread.   Why do I have to create custom activity for my activities not in the list?  Hasn’t this been done by the Fitbit Community?   Would be nice to be able to pick from a list, kind of like picking food.   The option to add more fields to an activity would be nice.   Currently Just 5 files per activity?  Name, Date, Start time, Duration, Distance,  and  Calories. From the thread - Weight, Reps.

Best Answer

@fit-bitten It's great to have you here! Those are great ideas and I would love to see them posted in our Ideas Board because these suggestions are viewed directly by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still having trouble getting an accurate count for push up, sit ups, burpees, pull ups.  I do not like to quantify these exercises with time and obviously will not use distance either.  I would like a simple count.  I can utilize the calorie feature to count my push ups, burpees, etc.  However, 1 burpee = 5 calories burned, where the simple math is not a problem, I would much prefer to have exercise count and a calorie count.  It is easier for me to say I have done 30 burpees than 150 calories.  I simply want an exercise count, is that an option?  It is surprising to me that I have to create a customized setting for these basic activies.  The list has badminton and barre but not push ups? Thanks for any help or advice.  

Best Answer