Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I record push-ups routine on Fitbit app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello
I am not able to add my workout in my Fitbit
I want to add push-ups and jumping jags as exercise in my Fitbit and unable to find them in iOS application
I am using ios8. Please help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

@JustinCG Welcome to the Community! Currently, the only way to log those activities that require more than just steps. It's by manually logging them. You can log push ups and burpees by using "calisthenics". I completely understand your point about not having push ups and burpees in your Dashboard. However, you may want to vote for this idea as someone already post it here

Thanks for voting for the ideaRobot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

This seems to have not  changed ...    this has been an issue for a long time.   I would love to be able to use one app.

Best Answer

but it is asking the calories burned??? I don't know

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to have you on board @trekki! You may want to use this calorie count calculator so when you log the activity, you can enter the correct calories burned: MapMyFitness calculator and Sparkpeople

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
perfect,that makes sense for the class I do!!
Best Answer

Hello, but how do you log how many you have done daily to show reps

Best Answer

I was using push-ups as the example.   I was more interested in recording reps, something like

Bench Press:

Sets ?? Reps ?? Weight ??

A strength day workout might be

Sets: 1  Reps: 10 Weight: 175

Sets: 1  Reps:  5 Weight: 190

Sets: 1  Reps:  2 Weight: 220

or General

Sets: 4  Reps: 10 Weight: 175

Looking for a nice quick way to log gym type workout.  Not as interested in caloric burn, but that would also help.  It would also be awlsome to have a wasy to query the data to see groth over time.

Training History. Training for my last event Nov/2017, I just used old fashon paper and pencil.   Strava for Bike work and Fitbit for cardio, Run Row Bike.

Best Answer

I use the fitbit option of "callisthenics" anytime I do pushups, pull ups, but personally, lunges, etc..

Basically any body weight movement. It's pretty accurate in terms of calories burned and there is no need to log onto a computer to make a custom 

Best Answer

So what about the calories box? What would I put in it since I don't know how much each push-up burns?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @Darknight! You can try using this activity list from SparkPeople. This can get you an idea of how many calories you will burn in each activity. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great!! Thanks so much!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

If it push ups, what weight, duration, etc would we put in?  Seems this is more for long-duration exercises.

Thank you for any help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed. When I was at REI reviewing which tracker to buy, the sales person was under the impression that this was a doable thing. It seems like very basic functionality that a fitness "tracker" would support. Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and would like to thank you for your feedback about this situation. Please note that Fitbit devices use SmartTrack to record your activities automatically. The SmartTrack feature automatically recognizes select exercises to ensure you get credit for your most active moments of the day. It is available with all Fitbit devices except Fitbit Ace, Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One, and Fitbit Zip.

SmartTrack recognizes continuous, high-movement activities such as:

• Walking
  • Running
  • Outdoor biking
  • Elliptical
  • Swimming (Fitbit Flex 2, Fitbit Ionic, and Fitbit Versa)

It also recognizes two general categories:

• Sport—Includes high-movement sports like tennis, basketball, soccer, and others. Sports that might not be recognized include those without continuous movement or that vary in intensity level, like golf.
  • Aerobic workout—Includes aerobic activities with continuous movement, such as Zumba®, cardio-kickboxing, and other dance classes.

By default, SmartTrack recognizes an exercise that lasts at least 15 minutes and is able to recognize other kind of exercises, such as push ups, but will record them as "Workouts", that can later be edited and categorized.

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been a Fitbit users for years and have always wanted to track push-ups, sit-ups, etc.  I've been waiting for this capability forever to be part of Fitbit, and just decided to create a simple free mobile app that does it.

Check it out:

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.logreps.app&hl=en

IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/logreps-track-exercises/id972446701?ls=1&mt=8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @njcaruso, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing the app you created with us. I'm sure it will be very helpful for many members of the Community. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you show how you did this?

Best Answer

This is not an answer. It does not allow for the tracking of the number of push ups. 

Best Answer
0 Votes