Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interpret Macronutrients in the app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there an easy to understand guide on how to interpret your macronutrient dashboard?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Craigmustoe. thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Please note that if you log food in the Fitbit app, you'll see an estimate of your daily macronutrients breakdown (total carbohydrates, fat, and protein consumed) in addition to your caloric intake. Tracking your macronutrients can help you get a better view of your overall nutrition.

User-added image

The numbers aren’t set in stone, but you do need to consume a certain amount of each macro within a range. The flexibility allows you to pick a style of eating that suits your needs, food preferences, and health goals. The USDA recommends the following healthy ranges.

Carbohydrate:          45 to 65 percent

Protein:                     10 to 35 percent

Fat:                           20 to 35 percent

The food logging feature in the Fitbit app can estimate your macronutrients when you log items from the food database! At the end of each day, you can view an estimate of daily totals as percentages, as well as in grams (you can check macronutrients in grams through the Food section on the online Dashboard). Which makes aiming for a particular ratio of carbs to protein to fat to build a balanced diet a lot easier.

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

The macros are easy to see but that is not the whole picture. Many, many people are following the ketogenic diet these days and fiber grams are a huge part of that calculation as fiber grams are subtracted from carb grams for a "net-carb" value. This is then used in the macronutrient calculation. I can see the fiber on the webpage but nowhere on the app. Is Fitbit adding this as I would think they would want to appeal to folks on the keto diet since it is so popular?

Best Answer

Screenshot_20221122_204822.jpg

 okay so i enter my food for the day it says i eatten 290g of protein but then this image says i only had 90g of protein in the  area telling me im over budge and then under macronutrients

Screenshot_20221122_204947.jpg

 would you be able to help explain this to me thank you 🙂

Best Answer