Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link with HealthKit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I synce my Fitbit Charge with the Health Kit?

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions
You need to buy a third party app called sync solver to get health kit and Fitbit to talk to each other due to Fitbit and apple having a falling out due to apple bringing out Apple Watch. Sync solver does a pretty good job though...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
I got an app called sync solver and have no problems syncing my data now... It's a good fix for the time being...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27
You need to buy a third party app called sync solver to get health kit and Fitbit to talk to each other due to Fitbit and apple having a falling out due to apple bringing out Apple Watch. Sync solver does a pretty good job though...
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @KatieS95Thanks for your question about HealthKit. We don't have immediate plans to integrate with HealthKit. We'll watch HealthKit closely as it matures and look for opportunities to improve the Fitbit experience.

In the meantime we'd like to hear more from you about what you'd like to see in a HealthKit and Fitbit integration. Please share your ideas in our Community. Also, here you will find a more detailed list of the apps that are compatible with Fitbit. 

Keep the stepping up! Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Don't let the moderator fool you. They've been watching health kit mature for over a year and ignored thousands of user requests. Yet they have no problem integrating with similar android features. I bought my Fitbit back when they said they were integrating since my insurance wellness programme's apt uses HealthKit as a hub to transfer info. They Fitbit pulled out and would rather let a third party thumb through your data than provide a direct link. I'm sorry that you got conned into buying if you expected to use it with anything but fitbit's app. It's a great product put out by an unresponsive company run by petty people.
Best Answer

Thanks for your feedback @WBillM, keep in mind that we have a special page for features requests, where you can share this HealthKit idea, I know that some of you have already requested Fitbit to integrate this app. You can click here and give it a like, it is a suggestion where an user share his idea about HealthKit.

I hope we can implement this suggestion shortly.  Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thank You, AlejandraFitbit , for your suggestion. I and 1600 others have made this suggestion over the last year and a half. Please, forgive me my skepticism when you tell me of your hope for a quick implementation. I, too, hope that this is true. However, if past is prologue, we both may be destine for disappointment. Please, please, prove me wrong.

Please understand, I love my FitBit.

Keep up the good work. I know that your job is not an easy one.

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit  posted in the feaure request many times and we are always told it is being looked at. There has been this feature request since day one of Health kit. Trust me I know Myself and many others posted it. My true guess is that next fitbit will hide all info from Healthkit since they removed some other needed items a couple of months ago

Craig Raper

Please remember to mark posts as solved if you got the answers you needed. If you didn't find them here please tell us what did work. Also please if you find posts and remarks helpful vote for them.

Best Answer
Agreed. I currently use Fooducate to log nutrition and exercise because it integrates with HealthKit, but would love to be able to use HealthKit with Fitbit.
Best Answer

With all due respect, I asked sometime ago about healthkit and fitbit integration.

Y'all have dropped the ball.

You're playing politics and I don't think it's right that your customers have to be kept waiting while Apple and Fitbit get over their petty squabbling.  

Please, please integrate the two so I can count everything I do.

Best Answer
I got an app called sync solver and have no problems syncing my data now... It's a good fix for the time being...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I'm aware the of the app, but it has too many poor reviews since the latest iOS update.
Thanks anyway.

Pamela Jones
Pro deo et patria
Non sibi sed patriae
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Free! Sync's Fitbit to Healthkit on iOS and works like a dream!

If only Fitbit could sync to Healthkit, this app proves it possible.

Powersync - Free

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/power-sync-for-fitbit-sync/id1071544839?mt=8

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.
Because it's free, I'll give it a try.

Pamela Jones
Pro deo et patria
Non sibi sed patriae
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
So what is the status of this now? How come you don't do what supposed 3rd party can do... Or help them get the kinks out.
Best Answer
Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply
Best Answer
No kidding... Looks like someone at corporate has an attitude... No response for new Fitbit user not a good sign... I'm taking mine back to Costco for 100% refund
Best Answer
I was just getting started with Fitbit, and I'm already done. How asinine is it not to integrate with the platform to share data with other apps? Less popular companies are doing more. Goodbye, Fitbit.
Best Answer

End of 2016 now. 

Best Answer

Still waiting? HealthKit is mature, convenient, and secure. You were looking at it over a year ago, and you haven't the respect for your customers to implement a feature that is often requested and badly needed. I got my fitbit charge 2 as a gift. However, if HealthKit integration is not on the horizon, I will look at other trackers for the rest of my family. I won't recommend this to friends either.

A few things to think about.

1. I can't sleep with a watch on. I use another sleep monitor app on my phone that can't sync with the fitbit dashboard. So I have to enter it manually and it's not detailed.

2. 3rd party syncing of fitbit data to HealthKit duplicates the records since the iPhone tracks steps too. Again back to the manual intervention, this time to delete duplicate records.

3. Many scales, blood pressure, and other devices don't sync with fitbit. They do sync with HealthKit.

Let's get this going, it's time.

Integrate with Apple HealthKit now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ditched my fitbit (I have been using since the Begining and I had 2), moved to pebble and it sucks. Now I am back to fitbit again (against  my will, it was a present) to find that fitbit still did not resolve this issue. I want to have one dashboard for health/activity. I also use runtastic and I read the recommendations are to go to another dashboard. Fitbit please get your act together and start integrating the devices and apps (create a decent dashboard). The devices already have poor quality, integrating ux with other apps Is pure sw. Please please.

Best Answer
0 Votes