Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log a Serving Size of a Custom Meal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I often prep a dish to then eat over the course of several days. I love the current custom meal option but I'd like to be able to select different serving sizes of it since I don't eat the same size meal each time. Example: I make a baked ziti platter, eat 1/8 of it one day but 1/6 of it the next. I'd like to create the custom meal for the whole platter and then select the fraction of it that I ate. If this is already an option or if there is a better way to achieve this, please let me know. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

This is an epic fail on Fitbit's part. Even the way that a meal's 20 ingredient components are each individually logged when recorded. 

We make the meal, put it in a container, and then eat parts of it. Doing what you suggest is ridiculous. 🙂 Sorry, but it is. It would take a computer science co-op a couple of hours to implement this.

This thread is from 2018. Moving to Fitness Pal. Bye! 

There are other areas of Fitbit dashboard that are also big fails with extremely simple solutions.  Please listen to your customers. 

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit ,

This issue was first posted here in 2018, and I commented in 2020, looking for an update.  (You didnt reply)

It's now 2 years later, and I am still waiting for information from Fitbit about this problem.

Do you have any updated information, or has Fitbit forgotten this?

Best Answer

Has this feature ever been added?  I can't seem to find it and seems ridiculous that every other app out there allows you to put in all the ingredients for a huge batch, and then just be able to put in the weight or oz for serving and have it automatically calculated.  I'm reading this thread from almost 3-4 years ago and still don't see as an option.  Am I missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

HOW IS THIS NOT FIXED YET?

I pay $85/yr for the app and this is a basic feature.

PLEASE implement it ASAP

I am tired of writing a custom calorie calculator just to get around your EXTREMELY POORLY DESIGNED APP.

LOGGING A MEAL SHOULD NOT TAKE 20 minutes and require A LAPTOP (because "tHiS FeATuRe IS DashBOaRd Only")

Also, WTF you have the option to create a meal but not subdivide it into portions. Who eats a week's worth of meals in one sitting?

Have you heard of focus group research or, I don't know, customer feedback?

You literally provide recipes IN THE APP and then fail to give people a way to log them in a sensible way.

Please FitBit, prove me wrong and show some integrity by fixing this as soon as you can. Otherwise you'll force me and other to think that:

1. You don't care about your users.

2. The feedback mechanism for your features is a joke.

3. You have no idea how to develop an app that is actually useful

None of the above is a good look.

You are a billion dollar company owned by ALPHABET. I (and other sane users) believe in you, you can do it! 

Best Answer

There's a work around although it's definitely not as straight forward as it should be. You have to create a custom food instead of a custom meal. Custom foods let you customise serving sizes at the bottom once you've entered the nutritional info. The annoying part being that you need to first create a custom meal to get a summary of the nutritional data, and then put use this nutritional data to create your custom food. It then lets you add food you've created in the normal way using the portion sizes you selected when creating the custom food i.e. portions, fractions, grams, etc.

DEFINITELY NOT STRAIGHTFORWARD THOUGH. FIX UP FITBIT! 

Best Answer
0 Votes