Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync without WiFi (iOS 12.1.1 and Fitbit Zip)?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Iphone 8, 

iOS 12.1.1,

Fitbit Zip

I cannot sync my steps without WIFI.... I really want Bluetooth to sync here.

I've tried all the following:

Reboot phone

Remove battery from ZIP

Toggle Bluetooth on phone.

Removed and re-add Fitbit App.

Signed out and back into FitBit account

I just found the original dongle so I stuck in in my Win10 PC so at least it works there, but I really just want my iPhone to sync to Zip without WIFI.. What am I missing?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

When you sync it takes the data from your fitbit and uploads it to the fitbit servers. So, you need bluetooth on for the app to connect to the fitbit, and you need Wifi (or mobile data) to connect the app to the servers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Beachwoodbruin, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @SteveH, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@Beachwoodbruin, I appreciate your participation in the Forums, for sharing your experience and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Please note that, as @SteveH mentioned, when your Fitbit device syncs, the information gets stored in our servers, which means that you will need an internet connection for the data to sync. The Fitbit app will only show the information synced with the servers. That means that you will need an internet connection for your Zip to sync. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes