Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How turn off all vibrations and notifications?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I check Fitbit data only from my phone. I want no vibrations or messages of any kind from the Fitbit. How to do that? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@DKBK  if you really want to turn off the celebration for making your goal, set the goal higher than you would ever achieve OR set your burned calories as your goal. If you're in challenges, especially ones that you need to beat your goal, then it would work against you. Just play around with it and see which way works best for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

There are a couple things you can try, @DKBK - First, open the Fitbit app on your iPhone.

• Tap Account —> Name of Your Device —> Notifications. Switch everything to off.  
  • Next, on the same page, tap App Notifications. Make sure those are all turned to off.
  • Now, tap the name of your device at the top left. Scroll down to tap Reminders to Move. Turn that off.

This should stop your notifications. If you continue to get them, please let us know

• Which Fitbit device you have
  • Notification details.

Let us know how it goes. 

Best Answer
Thanks but I already took those steps to turn off those items and they have been off. The issue seems to be goal accomplishments, things that make a bird emoji appear or the number 10,000 appear, plus vibrations at the same time. What about turning those off?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply, @DKBK . You can try opening Settings on your iPhone. Tap Notifications then scroll down to Fitbit. Make sure Allow Notifications is set to Off. 

Make sure you back out properly to save the setting. Then completely close the Fitbit app and power your phone off. Give it a few minutes then turn it back on. Hopefully this will do the trick. 

Best Answer
Unfortunately this did not help. To be clear the notifications I want to get rid of are on the Fitbit, not on the phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for my confusion, @DKBK . I’m afraid I have nothing else to offer. Maybe someone else will post. 

Best Answer

@DKBK  if you really want to turn off the celebration for making your goal, set the goal higher than you would ever achieve OR set your burned calories as your goal. If you're in challenges, especially ones that you need to beat your goal, then it would work against you. Just play around with it and see which way works best for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer

Thanks for trying to help everyone!  It sounds like the answer is just NO - you cannot simply turn off all notifications on the FitBit device unless you are also interested in limiting other features of FitBit.  Oh well.  

Best Answer

This thing is a total piece of junk.  No working alarm and has to charge all night every night.  Once I hit my 1000 day streak, I'm pitching this over priced piece of crap and getting something else.  

Best Answer

This doesn't work.  Thing buzzes all the time.  Runs through a charge in a day.  Total piece of junk.

Best Answer