Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't sync my Alta to my iPhone just to my iPad.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since I can't find a app for my IPad I'm setting it up on my IPhone afterwards I want to sync them together. IPhone won't allow me to use my e mail address or password cause I already have set that much on my IPad. What can I do about that?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @sjeffers57awork. It's great to have you here. The app for your iPhone can be used for your iPad too. You can download the app in your iPad and sync your Fitbit tracker without setting it up again. This step is not necessary since you have an account with Fitbit already.

Please be aware if you receive call, text, or calendar notifications on your Fitbit tracker, your tracker has a Bluetooth "bond" with the mobile device that sends the notifications which in this case is your iPhone. This bond prevents the tracker from syncing with another mobile device or a computer.

You can quickly and temporarily disable the bond by turning off Bluetooth on your mobile device. You can turn it back on later to resume syncing.

Catch you later. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @sjeffers57awork. It's great to have you here. The app for your iPhone can be used for your iPad too. You can download the app in your iPad and sync your Fitbit tracker without setting it up again. This step is not necessary since you have an account with Fitbit already.

Please be aware if you receive call, text, or calendar notifications on your Fitbit tracker, your tracker has a Bluetooth "bond" with the mobile device that sends the notifications which in this case is your iPhone. This bond prevents the tracker from syncing with another mobile device or a computer.

You can quickly and temporarily disable the bond by turning off Bluetooth on your mobile device. You can turn it back on later to resume syncing.

Catch you later. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPad. Shirley Jefferson
Best Answer
0 Votes

@sjeffers57awork Your previous response was actually blank. I noticed that you marked my response as an accepted solution, thanks! I guess you have resolved the problem with your IPhone not allowing you to access your account. If not, please let me know.

On another note, you are welcome to visit the Discussions board. You can find many different and interesting topics out there.

Hope to see you around more often. Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the iphone set up but when I go to the fitbit for ipad free , it costs 4.99. I should not have to pay that. What am I doing wrong? I want to be able to get to the dashboard on my ipad too. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @peaches1945, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

This seems very odd, the Fitbit app is free and you shouldn't be charged for it. If you're not able to see the free app, please open the App Store and search for Fitbit, then on the results page, tap on Ipad only and change it to iPhone only, then the first result on the search will be the free Fitbit app.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I did as you suggested. It is still coming up $4.99 , not free. Will call Fitbit. I have it on

Paulette
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @peaches1945, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

It seems very odd that you're still unable to see the Fitbit app after changing to the iPhone Store, please make sure your iPad version is compatible with the Fitbit app and follow these steps in order for the app to appear:

- Open the App Store and search for Fitbit.

If you notice the official app is still not showing up.If you notice the official app is still not showing up.

- Then, tap where it says "iPad Only" and select "iPhone only"

IpadApp2.png

- After changing stores the Fitbit app will appear as the first result of the search.

You'll now be able to download the app.You'll now be able to download the app.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted! 

Best Answer

How is the bond disabled?

Moderator Edit: Format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LBLDGD143, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums, unfortunately I don't quite understand what you mean by "disabling the bond". Are you referring to the Bluetooth bond the Fitbit trackers establish with a phone? For that, Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. If you're asking how to remove a tracker from your account, please go to the App > Account > Your Tracker and scroll down until you see "Remove this tracker from the account". 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes