Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS App unable to open after update.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, Just updated the app (version 2.38.1) and it took a while to complete, now the app won't open at all. Presume, I'll have to delete and re-install. Using Iphone 5C. Anyone else having issues?

Unsurprisingly deleting and re-installing the app does not work.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I can't open the app all, it's completely unresponsive. It goes darker
when I touch the icon but it won't open. It just has the little light blue
circle before the app name to show there's been an update.
Cheers

Tried your suggestion and it made no difference, app still unresponsive.

Hi, I did a restart of my phone and all seems OK now, must have been a phone issue rather than an app issue. Thanks for your help.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SueBee37, I hope you're having a great day, it's great to see you around the Community. Smiley Happy

Are you getting any kind of error message when you open the app? Does the app crashes when you open it or does the icon is unresponsive when you tap it? If you're getting an error message, please take a screenshot of it and reply to me with it so I can check this further. In the meantime, please go to your phone phone Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure Set Automatically is enabled. After enabling it, try to open the app again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I can't open the app all, it's completely unresponsive. It goes darker
when I touch the icon but it won't open. It just has the little light blue
circle before the app name to show there's been an update.
Cheers

Tried your suggestion and it made no difference, app still unresponsive.

Hi, I did a restart of my phone and all seems OK now, must have been a phone issue rather than an app issue. Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Hello @SueBee37, thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate you have let me know that after restarting your phone the app is now working correctly, I'm glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes