Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-app messaging not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone have accurate information?

In app messaging has not worked for TWO WEEKS since the 3.5 update. 

After 10 emails with customer support and 2 phone calls to FitBit support in Columbia this issue is NOT RESOLVED. 

Perhaps the screenshot of my most recent email to Erica at FitBit support can save everyone time by eliminating unnecessary steps and inaccurate communication. 

15608CAB-B2A5-47E5-BCA5-6A3D6C593861.jpeg

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @lilbitcounts2. I'm glad to see you here in the Forums.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Fitbit app and our Support Team. I'm sorry that the in-app notifications aren't working correctly and you've done a good job with the troubleshooting steps. I'm also sure that others will find your post very helpful when working on this situation.

I've been informed by our team that your case is under review and you'll receive more details about this situation shortly via email. This is an unusual behavior and be sure that our team will work hard on this. If you have another question, feel free to post back.

See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit @MattFitbit @KateFitbit 

This issue is not about in app notifications

The moderator changed the title of the post to indicate the issue is about notifications, it is not. 

The issue is - 

Unable to send & receive in app messages

I was told by phone reps in Columbia that this is a widespread iOS issue. 

True or untrue?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @lilbitcounts2. Thanks for getting back.

Sometimes Moderators edit the subject to help others who might experience the same find this post. This way they can also share their experience or find the solution/troubleshooting. I'm sorry that you're having this issue with the messages notifications within the app, which aren't able to be sent or received. Since your case is under review, my best recommendation is to keep working with our Support Team so they can provide you more details about the Fitbit app's behavior. If you're not receiving our team's response via email, let me know so I can request them to resend their response.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit  @KateFitbit @MattFitbit 

Thank you for your response. 

Please change the the title of this thread back to properly indicate it is about being UNABLE TO SEND MESSAGES. 

This issue is NOT ABOUT NOTIFICATIONS. 

There has been a tremendous amount of time wasted because this issue was not clarified. 

I’m pleased to report that another email has been received from support and I remain hopeful for a resolution. 

Your attention to this his is very much appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes