Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Daily Step badge counts

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've noticed that badge counts for daily steps are incorrect. I knew from a glance since I've recently done more than 15k for a couple days this week and yet the badge count for 15,000 "Urban Boot" shows that it was last achieved on a previous year.

To check the true values I downloaded my lifetime data and extracted the step counts from the JSON files and merged them by full day. Here are my results:

Step Count Badge Earned Number (Incorrect) Data Export Count (Correct)
5000 447 437
10000 37 98
15000 3 6
20000 1 1

As you can see, only the 20K badge is correct. Both 10K and 15K are too low and surprisingly 5K is actually too high, with 10 additional earned counts.

How can I go about getting this fixed?

Kind Regards,

Alex.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It’s good to see you in the community, @bailey125.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I appreciate your efforts and understand your concern. I recommend checking if you manually logged any activities on the days you didn't receive badges as manually logged activities do not count toward step badges. For more information about badges, see What should I know about my Fitbit badges?

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It’s good to see you in the community, @bailey125.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I appreciate your efforts and understand your concern. I recommend checking if you manually logged any activities on the days you didn't receive badges as manually logged activities do not count toward step badges. For more information about badges, see What should I know about my Fitbit badges?

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Liliya,

Thanks for your reply. Yes you’re right, I manually log my exercises to overwrite the automatic ones since it never seems to get the start and end times right automatically. I see now that this is the reason for the disparity.

Is there a specific reason for steps gained from manually logged exercises to not count toward daily step badges? For example, manually logging weight counts towards weight badges.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @bailey125.

I understand your concern and appreciate your feedback. Badges are designed to reward your step-based activities that are recorded while you wear your Fitbit device. Manually logged activities are intended to help you track activities that are based on effort rather than steps or distance, so they don't count toward step badges

If you want the features to be improved, please share your feedback and suggestion our Feature suggestion boardThat way other users can comment and vote on the idea to show their support, and our team can take it into consideration. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works and do a search first, in case someone else has already suggested your idea, or something similar.

Let me also invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create your own topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes