Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 won't set up and shows message to download or update app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Inspire 2 had been incorrectly setup in the Fitbit app which was making syncing impossible. So I decided to forget the device and start again. I tried reconnecting it, followed all the prompts and received the 4 digit code to connect the tracker to my iPhone. Then I received the update error message. So I updated the app and tried again. Same error message appeared. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and rebooting the Inspire 2. Nothing worked. I also double checked that my iOS system was compatible with the Inspire 2 and it is. I do not know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Hi! After trying everything, the problem seemed to be that my phone did not have the latest iOS update on it. Thanks for following up 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @StaceW.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team. If you still need help, please feel free to contact our team back as they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. You can confirm the troubleshooting instructions at Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! After trying everything, the problem seemed to be that my phone did not have the latest iOS update on it. Thanks for following up 🙂
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @StaceW.

I appreciate the update and thank you for your comments as this information may help other members in the same situation. I appreciate your efforts and look forward to getting you back on track. Please don't hesitate to contact our Support team back if you continue experiencing difficulties. 

Have a nice day!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My son's Fitbit Inspire 2 was originally set up on our computer with Fitbit Connect (because he doesn't have a compatible phone or tablet to use the Fitbit app.) We've been unable to sync his Fitbit; his Fitbit is displaying the following message: "Download or update the Fitbit app to set up."

How do we fix this (through Fitbit Connect)?

THANK YOU for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes