Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't sync to iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the iPhone update my ionic when you start it up it has the screen with the dots I can’t get it to do anything it doesn’t even got to the setup screen. I have tried everything they have suggested and nothing I am frustrated because I spent all this money and it sits on my dresser. Please help 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Antgoofy, it's nice to see you around the forums! Thanks for already troubleshooting this syncing issue between your phone and your Fitbit Ionic, nice way to go! 

While reading your post, my first thought is that your Ionic might be no longer paired to your Fitbit account and that's why it's not syncing or connecting to your phone's Bluetooth. In order to solve this, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Ionic and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device".

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. Smiley Very Happy

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below, if you're using the Fitbit app for iOS, Android, or Windows 10:

• Your Fitbit app needs to be up-to-date. Latest version for iOS is 2.53.1.
  • Note that you can't set up your Fitbit device from your phone or tablet's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The software on your phone or tablet is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To find it:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > Bluetooth.

If you're still unable to set up, try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Restart your Ionic again.
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try setting up your device again.
  7. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I have tried everything and it still won’t sync with my iPhone. I have deleted my Fitbit app and when I reinstalled it it is still showing my info from before

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for following my tips and recommendations @Antgoofy. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer