Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to find a tracker if it hasn't been paired to a phone?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have lost my Fitbit One and as they aren't made any more I'm desperate to find it.  That day I was in a number of locations - my Aunt's house, a friend's house, a supermarket and a petrol station - as well as my car.  This was all a long way from where I live.

So my question is, if I ask my Aunt and friend to download one of the locator apps to their iphone/ipad will any of them be able to 'see' my Fitbit One? 

Obviously my Fitbit has never been paired with their devices, but will it show up if they do a bluetooth scan?

Sorry, probably a really dumb question, but I don't really get how his works.  Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Helen_S, I hope you're doing well, it's great to see you around. It's nice to see you around too @SunsetRunner and @kawaiiko, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@Helen_S, as @SunsetRunner and @kawaiiko mentioned, you could use some of the apps recommended, included LightBlue - Bluetooth Low Energy which your friends and family can install on their phones as well to locate the Bluetooth signal of your Fitbit tracker. 

I hope this helps, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, good luck! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Sorry, @Helen_S. What a heart breaker. Unfortunately, there is no “Find my Fitbit” app similar to the IOS “Find my iPhone” app. Tap here for suggestions on how to find a lost Fitbit. When I lost one that was paired to my iPhone, I walked around the areas where I may have lost it, continuously trying to sync. Believe it or not, at one point, it actually started syncing ... allowing me to find my lost device.

Best Answer

Thank you Carol. I'm wondering whether it is worth my while making the journey again to try this.  Would be wonderful if it was successful, but a major hassle if I don't succeed! That's why I was hoping that maybe something like Lightblue might be OK even if the fitbit wasn't registered with that device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used the fitbit finder app once and it worked.  When I used it, it was just simply a bluetooth finder, so unsure if it's still the same or not.  

http://finderforfitbit.com/

Best Answer

Thank you Juliette, I'll ask them to give it go for me then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Helen_S, I hope you're doing well, it's great to see you around. It's nice to see you around too @SunsetRunner and @kawaiiko, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@Helen_S, as @SunsetRunner and @kawaiiko mentioned, you could use some of the apps recommended, included LightBlue - Bluetooth Low Energy which your friends and family can install on their phones as well to locate the Bluetooth signal of your Fitbit tracker. 

I hope this helps, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, good luck! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes