Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with tracking GPS workouts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m have a Charge2 And use an iPhone 6s with iOS 13.4.1 and Fitbit app version 3.21.

I’ve had no real issue until the past few days but just occasionally I would start my walk and without even moving my Pace would start jumping up and recording movement when I hadn’t gone anywhere.  Stopping the recording, deleting the activity and restarting the walk would solve the problem.  For the past few days I can’t get normal logging and could walk a kilometre in 4 minutes if I let it run.  I have disconnected then reconnected the GPS, deleted and reinstalled the app but haven’t been able to solve the problem.  However, Strava runs fine and has no problems with the GPS.  Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Marlin1894.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the issue you're experiencing with tracking your walks accurately. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend restarting your tracker by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device? Please also do the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.

Please check out this article with information about the different factors that can affect connected GPS: Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes