Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kilojoules to calories and Dashboard changed without doing anything

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anybody else’s Fitbit app changed their tracking to kilojoules? I don’t know how to change it back to calories but clearly didn’t do anything cuz I woke up and it changed... also the dashboard is different it doesn’t say how many calories or in this case kilojoules I’ve burnt now ... it just has how far you’ve walk and active minutes.... help?

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Yes! Me too! My Alta HR has done the exact same thing and it’s really frustrating! I can’t find anywhere to change it back to calories and there is no help or cases online where it’s happened. I’ve contacted Fitbit support so I’ll let you know what they say to do to fix this! 🙂 or if you are able to fix it yourself soon, please let me know how you did it! 

Best Answer

Thanks I’m having the same issue. Strangely, My iPhone has changed from calories to KJ but my iPad is still set at calories. I also am having issues changing it back. Would appreciate it if someone has a fix. Cheers

Best Answer

Changed suddenly this afternoon for me too. I have a surge hr and live in New Zealand. Tony

Best Answer

Yes, same problem for me. Also my Charge 2 has stopped synching altogether to my computer and to my IPhone. Live in NZ. Get it sorted please Fitbit.

Best Answer

Woke up this morning in Australia to find I am in kilojoules. I guess they are assuming that I want KJ because I am in Australia (I assume Americans have calories). Although I understand KJ, I am more comfortable with calories and find it annoying that they will not let me choose.

Best Answer

Mine changed without notice too.

now all in Kj not Cal. But the amount hasn’t changed, I’m told I should only eat 2700 kJ which is only like 650 Calories???? Who can live on 600 calories a day????

fitbit f@&ked up!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
I will attempt to email Fitbit today ( when I recall where to find how to do this, they don’t make it easy). If I get word on a solution I will post an update. Fitbit, if you can fix this annoying issue, this would be great.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is another major blunder by Fitbit. It never asked if I want kilojoules but just changed it automatically!!! Now my Versa shows calories but my Fitbit shows kilojoules??? I want Calories thank you!! Can’t you guys get anything right? Do some blody testing for christ sake before rolling out.

Best Answer

I bet there won’t be a way to change it back unless we upgrade to premium. 

Best Answer

Same. I have a Charge 3... although it seems to be more an app thing? Do any of the clever folks at Fitbit have a fix? 

I dont want do more maths than I have to and converting kilojoules to calories seems like a whole bunch of urgh 😑

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes woke yesterday to kj on the app but still Kcal on my fitbit. This morning there is no kj or kcal burn showing on my app at all, disappeared. Can not work out how to get it back, not even showing as an option to add to my dashboard. Any one else having this problem?

Best Answer

If you do find a way of changing it back please let me know also. I really don't like the KJ thing.

Best Answer

I’ve been working on this all day, you can change from kj to cal in the settings! The same place you alter km to mile or kg to pound 

Best Answer

Thanks TasBrendan.
Changed back to Calories under Advanced settings/Units.

Seems strange that it just changed overnight.
Problem still remaining is that the calorie burn is no longer displayed on the app.
Would love that back as it is the main statistic I keep an eye on.

Best Answer

👍 worked. Yaahh

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the update, where do I change this in the iPhone app? Change the kms etc, and kilojoules to calories. It’s probably very easy, although I cannot find it
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Open Fitbit app then open Account. My account is my picture at top left of page. 

Then open Units in the Advanced Settings. 

Hope this helps. 

Billy

Best Answer
I have the ionic. Found the fix on the iPhone it it helps other users. Advanced settings-units. Change back to calories. Still not sure why it changed in the first place though!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks much appreciated. This worked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer