Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kilojoules to calories and Dashboard changed without doing anything

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anybody else’s Fitbit app changed their tracking to kilojoules? I don’t know how to change it back to calories but clearly didn’t do anything cuz I woke up and it changed... also the dashboard is different it doesn’t say how many calories or in this case kilojoules I’ve burnt now ... it just has how far you’ve walk and active minutes.... help?

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Ok managed to change it back to Kcal, thanks fore your help everyone. I still don't have the calorie burn icon on the app however. Does anyone know where that disappeared to or how to get it back?

Best Answer

Ok thanks this works. Point is, Fitbit has enforced an update on us users and we have to adapt and find fix instead of Fitbit doing it. Weak.

Best Answer

Good news
Seems the Calorie burn icon is back!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the heads up TasBrenan. The option to change the kj to cal was not there in the settings yesterday. Hopefully FitBit reacted to our reactions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So simple!! Thanks 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So simple!!! Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very annoying that my Blaze has gone kj too. I want my calories back. Pls help.  Not a happy Jan

Where to find this in settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Went to advanced settings/in its ut no choice  - only kj😖

Best Answer
0 Votes

Touched on kj and up pops the calories selection.  Der!

Best Answer
0 Votes

found it   thanks heaps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too want to change back to calories hate using kilojoules 

Fitbit change it when an update happened WTF

Best Answer

Mine has just done the same thing 

It now is out with my fitness pal. Not happy. Give us the option for cals or kjs

Best Answer

I have premium and it's done it to me as well. I can't seem to find where you can change it back to calories either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I change KJ back to calories please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Click the account symbol, (looks like an I’d card top right of screen)

Advanced Settings

Units

Then select Calories

Best Answer

Worked beautifully. Thanks, Greg C. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much that solved it for me!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do i change back to calories please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine changed from calories to kj also.I have been trying to find a way to change it back.I don't like the new changes to the app at all.its so confusing now and i cant find any of the settings 

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine only have centimetres, kilograms & milileters (mls) - no option to change back to calories

Best Answer