Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lengthy time to sync with app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone have a solution for why it may be taking so long for my Fitbit charge 3 ro synx with the app?  Sometimes it doesn’t sync at all and other times takes upwards of five minutes.... it used to take 10-15 seconds.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Funnygurl2. Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I know how you feel and while it shouldn't take too long to sync, could you please make sure of the following factors that may prevent your Fitbit from syncing?

• Your Charge 3 and phone are within 20 feet.
  • To avoid any interference, turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  • If you use more than one device to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby.
  • Your Charge 3 and Fitbit app are updated to the latest version.

If those conditions are met, please try removing your Charge 3 from the Bluetooth settings, reboot your phone, restart your Charge 3, sync and set up the notifications to accept the prompt to pair via Bluetooth.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I completed all of your suggestions noted above and it worked for the first sync and a couple more.  But the next time I tried to sync, it was back to taking forever.  The only thing that seems to resolve it is deleting the fitbit app and reloading it - which is quite annoying to do every day.

Best Answer
0 Votes