Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Access Pop-Up for Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I get rid of the pop up that wants me to add location tracking?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there @marshwren

Please note that currently it's required to have the location services set to "Always" on your iOS device whenever you're going to use MobileRun or Connected GPS. In order to stop getting the pop up on the Fitbit app, you can try doing the following on your phone:

1. Open Settings > Privacy.
  2. Tap Location Services and make sure it’s turned on.
  3. Find Fitbit in the app list, and make sure that Allow Location Access is set to Always.

If you're not going to use MobileRun or Connected GPS, you can leave the location access set to Never. 

Hope the information is helpful. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer

I set location access to Never and the iOS app continues to prompt me for location access every time I open the app.

This behavior changed recently, and may have been triggered after I started tracking an exercise on the fitbit. (Doing so was an accident.) Before, I was presented with the prompt once and only once.

I have reported this change of behavior as a bug.

Best Answer
I have done as instructed. Location On. Fitbit access at Never. Pop-up is still showing up!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@marshwren Thanks for your response. Welcome to the Community forums @SunsetRunner. 

I appreciate all your troubleshooting efforts, and for confirming that even setting up location access to Never, the same thing is happening. I'll forward the details as our team continues working to bring a solution to all our members. I appreciate your patience while we work on this. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
Still happening…

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

1. tracks as sleep when I am watching TV..

2. Still getting request for location on opening app on phone.  Have turned off location for Fitbit.

3. Not logging daily activity, EVEN when I add it manually!

have restarted device and  checked for updates.  What’s up??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @marshwren  if you're still while watching tv, the Fitbit might think you are sleeping. Why not charge the Fitbit while you're watching tv? It will charge and not think you are sleeping. The location issue was addressed above by a Fitbit Moderator. What activity are you logging? You'd still need to have bluetooth on in order to log and sync the data.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Bluetooth on and function for other syncing activities.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nearly a month since you said you would try to get a solution. Any progress?  It’s maddening!

Best Answer

They used to care about fitness, but now they are just a bunch of data collecting scumbags.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

I understand how you are feeling about this situation. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Catch you later. 

Best Answer

That's not much of an answer, I'm afraid.  Your team broke the device - I didn't have this problem until recently - so it's hard not to giggle at your statement that the team is always working on improving the devices.  Based on this track record, I'm terrified to update my device and app, lest they break something else.

It would be nice to have an ETA for when this will be fixed.

Meanwhile, I'll be shopping for an alternate device.  Anyone have suggestions for a device that doesn't want to log my every movement?

Best Answer