Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Route

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the last couple of days my tracker (charge2) won't connect to my phones GPS. It just has a phone with a line through it and says "check the Fitbit app" which from what I read is an issue with permissions on the Fitbit app but I have everything set to use my phones location services, and everything on my iPhone is set to allow Fitbit access. It also says if I open the app it will direct me what steps to take, but I open the app and it says nothing. Starting today now, MapMyWalk app won't share mapping data with the fitbit app either.

I have have been through countless internet posts and suggestions from other users to no avail. Phone reset, tracker reset, re-pairing, logging out of app, checking and rechecking settings  etc. 

Most frustrating part is that it worked as of yesterday morning, but not since, and I haven't changed changed a single setting. 

Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

My mapping which had been working perfectly for months suddenly stopped on Monday. It records time, step, miles, heart rate, but no more map. I've checked all the things it tells us to but nothing brings the maps back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds just like my issue. Everything else is fine. Records everything its supposed to and syncs quickly and without issue. Just won't map a route and now won't accept data from MapMyWalk or MapMyRun. 

I am wondering if I have a faulty tracker. I have only had it about a month but I have had to restart it almost

weekly for one thing or another. Not getting notifications, HR not detecting, detecting a higher HR than my actual rate, mapping only small parts of the actual distance I travelled and  more. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lytefall, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! It's nice to see you around too @gracezSmiley Happy

If your Charge 2 is not connecting to the GPS on  your phone, please go to your phone Settings > Fitbit and make sure Location is set up to Always. Then, verify that your tracker is not currently in the Do Not Disturb mode by pressing the button for 2 seconds while on the clock face. If the Do Not Disturb mode is on, this might prevent the GPS from connecting and notifications from reaching your tracker. 

@lytefall, additionally, if you're having trouble with MapMyWalk, let's try resetting the connection between the apps by going to the Application settings on your online Dashboard, then search for MapMyWalk and click on Revoke Access. After revoking access, open MapMyWalk and link the apps again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried all of those though, and more. I searched online and Facebook groups etc for hours and exhausted all suggestions and nothing worked. 

Last night I go for a walk and it maps perfectly with no changes from me since the last time it didn't work. Then I get up this morning and go for a walk and it's not mapping again. Uggh. So frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lytefall, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

This seems like a very odd situation, would it be possible for you to send me a screenshot of the maps recorded in your last 2 walks? That will be very helpful for me to check this further and investigate more about this situation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Not sure your post was meant for me, but the map I just sent is the map I was getting until a week ago. I can no longer get a map. I get pace, distance, heart rate, but no map. I lost the map before doing the update, and still could not get it after update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Started a run from my Blaze this morning and during the run I got detailed info on distance, speed and average time. When ending the run at 6,7 km the Blaze showed the detailed screen with all km splits, elevation, hr, distance. Everything.
Then synced the run to my fitbit app and all the details disappeared. I still get distance, time, pace and HR, but no map, no splits, no elevation, no nothing.
Had this issue one time previously so I have restarted my Blace, my phone and made sure that everything is updated as it should.
It seems as if the issue happens in the sync between my phone and the Blaze.
Anyhone?
Markus

Best Answer
0 Votes