Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileSync showing a lower amount of steps then the "Activity"-app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I use the FitBit-app to compete with my friends who have a FitBit-watch. A couple of days ago, I discovered that my total step count on the "Health"-app and "Activity"-app on my iPhone is a lot higher than on the FitBit-app. For example:

Health              Activity              MobileTrack (on FitBit-app)                         
Friday:               7064                7068                   5598
Saturday:           8207                8191                  6252
Sunday:             3498                3271                  1175

I use both my Apple Watch and iPhone, and my iPhone then figures out when I use both and when I only use one of them, to prevent double counting. As you can see, the Health- and Activity app has about the same number of steps, while the MobileTrack (FitBit-app) is consistently 1500-2000 steps below. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks!

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @kristiant, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

It seems very odd that MobileTrack is not counting steps correctly as it uses your iPhone sensors same as the Health app. In this particular case I would like to recommend removing MobileTrack from your account by going to the Fitbit app > Account > MobileTrack > Remove. Then, restart your phone and set MobileTrack once again:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account.
  2. Tap on Set up a New Device
  3. Select MobileTrack and follow the onscreen instructions.

After setting it up once again, please monitor it for the next days and let me know if you're still experiencing this situation. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

After i created this thread, I read on multiple web sites that the FitBit-app does not count the steps on the Apple Watch, but just a chip in the iPhone. A lot also said that this was because FitBit (obviously) want people with an Apple Watch to buy a FitBit-watch instead. Do you know if this is correct?

Best Answer
0 Votes