Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Month Distance Discrepancy between iOS and Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

These are two screenshots taken yesterday of my monthly activity stats on my web site Dashboard and from my iPhone 6s. The iPhone stats were obtained by selecting the pentagram shaped  weekly exercise icon then scrolling right to the 4th screen dispay and enlarging to full screen.

As you can see from the iPhone screen, from the 1st January it shows a distance total of 48 miles. However, my Dashboard Activities monthly report (from 31st December) shows 92 miles. One interpretation of this discepancy is that I did 46 miles on 31st December, which is very wrong. I'm a pensioner with two hip replacements who tries to walk daily and even in my prime, I could not approach 40 odd miles per day!

Data taken from a new Charge 2, which I've reset to try to match stats, so far with no luck. Is the iOS app bugged or am I missing something here?

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 15.39.31.jpgIMG_0550.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @kw_starling, I hope you're having a great day!

Thanks for taking the time to reply and letting me know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps provided and contacted our Support Team, I'm sure they will be more than glad to get you back on track!

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @kw_starling, it's great to see you around, I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

Judging by the screenshots you kindly sent, it seems the Fitbit app is not pulling the data from the servers correctly, which is why you're seeing a discrepancy on the monthly distance. Please try to forceclose the app by double-tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. If that doesn't seem to refresh the information, please log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in.

In case this is still not updating after trying these steps, my best recommendation would be contacting our Support Team. Let them know about this situation, I'm sure they will be more than happy to assist you further. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarcoGFitbit,

Yes, I always force quit the FitBit app when not exercising as it appears to be using quite a bit of battery power (on 1 year old iPhone 6s).

I have already contacted support re this issue and await their response.

Thanks for your input.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kw_starling, I hope you're having a great day!

Thanks for taking the time to reply and letting me know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps provided and contacted our Support Team, I'm sure they will be more than glad to get you back on track!

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes